18 months silki and does not lay an egg

xenia4

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2015

this is my 18 month silky. I bought a few eggs last year and they all hatched the only problem was that all of them were males expect her........ so i was waiting to start laying to hatch some more but nothing .I tried starter feed and egg laying food but nothing, i cotacted the man i bought the eggs and he told me that his start laying at 6 months ........ can anybody give me some advice who might know more about silikies? is is possible to be a sterile chicken?

yes!! she mates with the roosters and she doesn't do the roosters sounds kikiriko......

Is she free range where she could be hiding a nest? But I guess you would of had a clutch of chicks by now. She could potentially have a damaged ovary and can't lay eggs, that might explain why she looks a bit masculine.

she was a free range but i had to put her with the goat in a fence in case she lays somewhere i could not find but nothing.......oh!! you think she looks a bit masculine!? i don't have any other to compare only photos from the internet....... so i might have to try buying a new clutch of eggs....... many thanks to all!!!

Back
Top Bottom