19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

Thanks Julie! I should hold art classes....for making feather and egg works of art, and then we can set up a booth at Arts in the Park...
gig.gif
YES FARMERS MARKET HA!! EGGS FOR ART AND EATING!!! LET'S QUIT OUR JOBS!!(ONLY KIDDING I WISH!!)

YOUR CLOSE!!! MINE ARE DARK ARMY GREEN LEFT OVER TRIM PAINT LOL!
Love dark green!

I was trying to keep within my budget of $0, so I made them from scrap wood and then I used a can of
paint that my daughter asked for and hated when she put it on the wall...... it's VERY RED!!!! :) lol!!

maybe i can hand out pairs of shades to the chickens..

when i first put them inside the coop they were afraid of them and wouldn't go inside... then when it got
dark and they were desparate to go in, the little ones in the back were charging the big fat cochins that
were blocking the doorway. they all made it inside eventually.

still no eggs this morning...

Went from NO eggs on August 11th from my 9 girls, to the first 2 eggs laid August 12th, to 9 eggs from 9 girls TODAY!! Less than a month of waiting for the last layer to start. Thanks for letting me share.
What kind of chicken laid that great big one? Those are some beautiful eggs! You must be so proud.

Does a double yoker mean that you could have twin chicks if it was fertilized?

It can and has happened, but most twin chicks who are incubated need assistance during hatching due to not enough room in the egg to move around during the hatch process. It's extremely rare, but pretty cool huh?!

Back
Top Bottom