19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

and now my EE pullet is laying! a deep olive green egg! i did the happy egg dance when i saw it! (its a deeper green than the pic shows!)

love.gif
Gorgeous

I got my first egg today!!! Yay!!! I didn't get pics though
sad.png
if she lays one tomorrow then ill get pics

You ATE it before taking a picture?
ep.gif
I'm not sure that is allowed
wink.png

I was so happy when I saw it. She's an EE but they egg is brown. Weird right?

Yeah, I understand it happens. I'm not sure if my second EE is laying yet or not. She's been squatting a week and we've had a blue/green Large egg every day for the last 8 days. I think they are all the same color.. My daughter pulled out the 3 we have and said "this one is greener", "Um, yeah, OK, if you say so". We got one really big egg almost as white as a store egg and the only girls who should be laying white are the Anconas. All their previous eggs were less white than this huge one (no pic
wink.png
). So I may be in the same boat as you, got the chicken that lays blue/green eggs and it DOESN'T! I'll have to catch her in the act. I waited for a Faverolle to lay today, she was chatting and wandering all over looking for somewhere to lay (pssst, try the NEST BOX!). She finally did so now I know for sure what color she lays (light pink/peach/tan).

Bruce

I wa so happy when I saw it. She's an EE but they egg is brown. Weird right?

Being that yours is brown could mean that my EE is already laying and I thought it was my Buff Orpington! We have not caught them in the act so I'm not sure which is laying. We took bets on what color she would lay so my young egg collector will be very disappointed if it turns out to be brown like the other two.
fl.gif
Either way it will be nice when they are all laying.

I have 19 1/2 week olds who are not laying yet. They are Andalusian's and I was told they are slow to come into lay. It's not helping that it's nearly winter and the days are so short. I see their personalities changing and their combs are getting red so I know we're getting close. But I'm also prepared to wait till March when the days get longer. The wait is sooooo painful.

My girls will be 19 weeks tomorrow. I'm anxiously waiting, but no squatting yet so I think I'll be waiting a while. My 19 week old EE roo is waiting too...but not very patiently! The girls are steering clear of him as much as possible!!

Back
Top Bottom