19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

One of my barred rocks squatted for me yesterday. Yippeee! It's getting close (I hope!).

yay!! so exciting!! Mine started squatting and jabbering a lot last week....still waiting!
pop.gif

The squatting is such a good sign it is close. I guess mine did it for a week or two before laying. And my RIR liad first at 25 weeks - so you're nearly there. I think you may well get an egg in the next few days. It's more exciting that waiting for Christmas, isn't it?!!

The squatting is such a good sign it is close. I guess mine did it for a week or two before laying.

Same with my girls, about a week. Some of them got kind of oddly "things seem a little weird, I'm going to hang with you". And they started nosing around various "darker corners" of the barn. If I saw one do that, I put her in the nest box. Some just jumped out, others fussed around a little. The first to lay went in and out of the box several times that day but didn't lay for several more. But when she did, she knew where she wanted to put it.
big_smile.png

Bruce

The squatting is such a good sign it is close. I guess mine did it for a week or two before laying. And my RIR liad first at 25 weeks - so you're nearly there. I think you may well get an egg in the next few days. It's more exciting that waiting for Christmas, isn't it?!!
Yes, it is. I am holding out hope that I'll have a few eggs to cook for breakfast Christmas morning.

I told my children that we might get an egg for Christmas....or for New Year's...or Valentine's Day!!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom