1972 mile eggs Georgia to Mass **FINAL update**

Status
Not open for further replies.
clap.gif

Hard to tell in that light if they're black or dark blue. When the feathers come in, you'll know better, by about a week old. When I hatched Suede himself, he had a splash brother and one that we couldn't figure out if he was blue or black, he was so dark. Now that I know more, I realize he was extremely dark blue, which some folks call "dull black". No green sheen on his feathers in the sun like a black would have.

final update,

Sadly the last PA Del that hatched yesterday has died.
hit.gif

I had very little hope that it would make it and am not suprised.
So the final numbers are 20 out of 24 ferile GA Delaware eggs 3 out of 4 GA BBS Orpington eggs giving me an 82% hatch rate when picking up the eggs Vs. 7 out of 17 fertile eggs shipped from PA giving me a 41% hatch rate
he.gif

I guess the moral of the story is GA is a beautiful state to visit and the eggs are better when they are hand delivered
cool.png

Thank you again for all your support and encouragment
thumbsup.gif

Thank you for sharing with us. I haven't posted on this thread before, but have been following it from the beginning. Good luck with your new babies. Sounds like the Delawares are going to be a handfull!
yippiechickie.gif

Wish the PA Dels had done better for you and Kathy, but at least you have a brooder-full of those Southern ones
ya.gif
, plus a few BBS Orps as a bonus.
smile.png
Great job! Bet you are ready to keel over now, LOL. If you want me to close this thread now, just let me know.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom