2 1/2 week old lavender orpington / roo?

Blueblacksplash

In the Brooder
Sep 27, 2020
You are so welcome. I knew you would have some expertise where the lavenders were concerned for sure and I am glad to know that you were actually thinking what I was thinking but didn’t write for once. I just knew from my girls that her bird looked awfully older than mine did at 21/2 weeks also. I just wasn’t going to say it for fear of an argument either. Who knows where she got the chick or the eggs. I couldn’t even say it remember. Lol!
0989B11C-0E92-41A6-BB65-F47F46E9E045.jpeg

thepick4uchicks

Songster
May 23, 2020
Mississippi
He/she may just be growing feathers faster than I’ve ever seen on a LO.
They could have held her back to be sent with the others when they were born. Giving her a few days head start. It happens like that sometimes. I also failed to mention this in my earlier posts. She/he is a gorgeous bird even young and it would be helpful in your later posts to see legs and feet to determine gender.

Blueblacksplash

In the Brooder
Sep 27, 2020
They could have held her back to be sent with the others when they were born. Giving her a few days head start. It happens like that sometimes. I also failed to mention this in my earlier posts. She/he is a gorgeous bird even young and it would be helpful in your later posts to see legs and feet to determine gender.
If you have a similar breed to compare thats very useful. But a photo of a single chicks legs and feet are not helpful with nothing to compare.
she was larger when they arrived. But for sure not days older. Same amount of feathering as all the others when she arrived.
i have hatched lots of chicks. She was on the larger side for a couple day old chick tho. But not any older than the others.

Blueblacksplash

In the Brooder
Sep 27, 2020
A560DFF2-F95D-477D-B9D3-745C37B39B99.png

thepick4uchicks

Songster
May 23, 2020
Mississippi
If you have a similar breed to compare thats very useful. But a photo of a single chicks legs and feet are not helpful with nothing to compare.
she was larger when they arrived. But for sure not days older. Same amount of feathering as all the others when she arrived.
i have hatched lots of chicks. She was on the larger side for a couple day old chick tho. But not any older than the others.
I just have Orpingtons yes. Black: Lavender ones. Mine were big birds as well and healthy also from Meyer Hatchery. That is why I tend to trust that they sent you a female if they said they did. They sent me nine beautiful healthy chicks of three different breeds back in May that I haven’t had a bit of trouble with. Only one had some issue with our excessive 110+heat indices because she is the lead hen and they keep crowding her in the coop at night and almost suffocate her because at 11-21 weeks still they like to roost in one big clump like baby chicks do. They are very close very attached birds. I will try to search my baby pictures of my Orps and see what I can send you. Sometimes the brooder pen was in the way for a good view but we will see.

Blueblacksplash

In the Brooder
Sep 27, 2020
I just have Orpingtons yes. Black: Lavender ones. Mine were big birds as well and healthy also from Meyer Hatchery. That is why I tend to trust that they sent you a female if they said they did. They sent me nine beautiful healthy chicks of three different breeds back in May that I haven’t had a bit of trouble with. Only one had some issue with our excessive 110+heat indices because she is the lead hen and they keep crowding her in the coop at night and almost suffocate her because at 11-21 weeks still they like to roost in one big clump like baby chicks do. They are very close very attached birds. I will try to search my baby pictures of my Orps and see what I can send you. Sometimes the brooder pen was in the way for a good view but we will see.
I love meyer as well. However out of this batch of 5 sexed pullets one of the australorps is also a roo...
so not super good odds out of this batch.
my previous orders over the years from them have always been 100%. But not this time.
But oh well. Like i said i will keep him anyway.

thepick4uchicks

Songster
May 23, 2020
Mississippi
I love meyer as well. However out of this batch of 5 sexed pullets one of the australorps is also a roo...
so not super good odds out of this batch.
my previous orders over the years from them have always been 100%. But not this time.
But oh well. Like i said i will keep him anyway.
Okay here are the pics. Please forgive the pen in the way a lot. I’m not the best chick pic taker. I have Flower hens that are very dark too and a few were almost as dark as the Orpingtons. The Orpingtons have the black legs and feet. I am posting 8 to ten day old baby pics and up. Some Three to six weeks old pics and some about 17 weeks.

Top Bottom