2-day old chick unable to use leg

Chickychicky111

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2020
This little chick hatched two days ago, with a bleeding problem. He lost a lot of blood, probably from the umbilical cord. I stopped his bleeding with corn starch, but that isn’t the main problem now. I discovered yesterday that he also had blood coming from his leg. He had been getting picked on by the other 7 chicks. I’m not exactly sure how it happened though. He is unable to use his right leg and limps around on his left. He can’t stand up straight like the other chicks. His nail is also cracked and sideways, most likely from other chicks pecking. I made him his own little brooder away from other chicks. Is there anything recommended to help him get back on his feet again? Also, is there anything I could do to fix his little claw? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 7
This little chick hatched two days ago, with a bleeding problem. He lost a lot of blood, probably from the umbilical cord. I stopped his bleeding with corn starch, but that isn’t the main problem now. I discovered yesterday that he also had blood coming from his leg. He had been getting picked on by the other 7 chicks. I’m not exactly sure how it happened though. He is unable to use his right leg and limps around on his left. He can’t stand up straight like the other chicks. His nail is also cracked and sideways, most likely from other chicks pecking. I made him his own little brooder away from other chicks. Is there anything recommended to help him get back on his feet again? Also, is there anything I could do to fix his little claw? Thanks in advance.
you did the best thing for him, rest and time to heal. the limping is likely from getting pulled on by the other chicks. if his claw has a good scab it will heal on its own. chicks are so small that mechanical repair of injuries is pretty tough

Back
Top Bottom