2 Drakes Fighting

Dmeichelbaugh

Hatching
Dec 6, 2018
I have one American peckin and Drake, and one Swedish blue Drake they grew up together from babyhood. They both turned out to be male, and I thought that they were going to live blissfully together because they always cuddle and never leave each other side, I went out to dump and refill the pools Like I always do and it started with the Swedish blue who is smaller chasing the peckin out of the pool over and over again. Then the peckin who is much larger started bobbing his head at the Swedish blue and grabbing his neck shoving his head under water and mounting him as if he were to mate him this happened about for five times I had to break it up every time. I was not sure if it was just because of the freshwater and they were fighting over it or if this is going to be a common occurrence. I kept watch on them all day and after the water was no longer fresh they seem to go back to cuddling and hang out as if nothing had ever happened. I am worried that One of them is going to drown the other one of these days does anyone have any experience with this?

I do have all drakes! I have 2 pekins, and 2 runners. Runners were hatchmates, pekins are suspected to also to be together since hatching. Mine get along in the winter, and fight all summer. (Not sure if the runners will, I just got them in September. )

Water means sexy time for ducks! So they will fight in the pool. But not enough where I have to intervene. It's weird, the pekins will generally bathe first and then the runners, but not always. Everyone wants to use the pool at the same time. I usually fill up small seperate pools (cement mixing tubs) which helps.

Last summer my pekins faught terribly, and I had to seperate them with a small fence.

One was generally the aggressor so I'm hoping to pair them up or seperate my fiesty duck. I use small fences that I can step over, and they can see each other.

I think your other option is to rehome one, and get 3 girls for the remaining one, or get 6 or more girls and keep everyone.

Heres a clip of a brawl, before I knew what was going on!

Aren't they stinkers!
I don't have kids, but felt like a disappointed parent :(

I even apologized to my parents for fighting with my brothers when we were kids. My parents' selective memories said we didn't fight, but I remember differently.

I really love my boys, and although I'm not looking forward to springtime with my feathered Hulk Hogans, they provide us with a lot of entertainment!

I don't have kids, but felt like a disappointed parent :(

I even apologized to my parents for fighting with my brothers when we were kids. My parents' selective memories said we didn't fight, but I remember differently.

I really love my boys, and although I'm not looking forward to springtime with my feathered Hulk Hogans, they provide us with a lot of entertainment!

I had the same problem. 2 little boys who hatched and gew up together, never apart until one day when one of them started being hateful to his brother. It got so bad I had to rehome the aggressor only to loose my other little boy a month later so now I just have the 4 girls. I keep looking on Craig's list for an adult boy.

Back
Top Bottom