2 ducklings aggressively ganging up on my adult duck

Do you have shoes ordered for her? They really do protect their feet pretty well. My chickens scratch so much they wear a pair out but my ducks don't so they last a long time. Bless her heart she is a trooper having to go through everything. Hopefully, she'll not have to be in long I bet she misses her buddies.
I hope the meds knock it out quickly. Are you also giving her probiotics? as many antibiotics she has been on it would be a good idea.
Keep us updated and give Frankie a big ole hug for us. Here is one for you too. :hugs

Do you have shoes ordered for her? They really do protect their feet pretty well. My chickens scratch so much they wear a pair out but my ducks don't so they last a long time. Bless her heart she is a trooper having to go through everything. Hopefully, she'll not have to be in long I bet she misses her buddies.
I hope the meds knock it out quickly. Are you also giving her probiotics? as many antibiotics she has been on it would be a good idea.
Keep us updated and give Frankie a big ole hug for us. Here is one for you too. :hugs
Thank you Lydia! She's definitely a trooper! She perked up this morning, and was ravenous for food, and yelling to go out in the yard with her girlfriends. Her swollen toe wasn't warm this morning when I put her SSD ointment on it, which is good.
I did order her more booties, since the other ones I ordered before were too small. They should be here Friday.
I have been switching up putting either "Flock 911" (pre/probiotics, Oregano, electrolytes, vitamins), and "Hydro-Hen" (probiotics, electrolytes, and acidifiers) in her run along with a fresh water bowl. I'm putting brewers yeast in with her dry food too. Thank you for the hugs, my girlie deserves lots of love 💕 Demeter, and Kijora are such good friends for Frankie. They lay next to her in the run at night, and keep her company by hanging out next to the run. It's so beautiful to see their impeccable bond 💗

Sweet happy flock at bedtime 💕

Attachments

• 1659493612184.png
    1659493612184.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
She got her booties! There's going to be an adjustment period for sure. She curls her toes and walks on her foot funny. I hope she'll figure out how to spread her feet out since there's room to do so. It threw off their pecking order for half the day for some reason after I let her out of her run for the first time today after 5 days. One thing is for sure, she rocks those booties 💗

Attachments

• 20220806_145437.jpg
    20220806_145437.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Aww, they look so happy together! How is Frankie doing?
Her biopsy results showed only inflammation, which was great. But, it doesn't explain why it started. No cancer, bacteria, or virus found in her foot tissue. The vet said to finish the antibiotics, and watch to make sure it doesn't get worse. The next step would be to culture her joint fluid to rule out infection elsewhere. We're going to wait and see how she responds to the current treatment before we put her through anything more. The swelling is going down in that digit, and her other toes look remarkably better. Fingers crossed whatever caused this has been treated with her doses of antibiotics, and anti-inflammatories. We just need that biopsy digit to heal and the swelling to subside. Frankie has been amazing, and I couldn't be happier or a more proud momma. I can only hope her feet return back to normal, and I'll continue to put booties on her to prevent this from reoccurring 💗

Agreed. I'm happy with the results, but definitely wish she could tell me if she poked her foot or tweaked it wrong which caused this. I can only stay hopeful that she did tweak it, or she poked it. The vet and I are also thinking that is indeed what happened, and the inflammation of multiple digits (with ulcers) came from the fact she never sits still, and doesn't spend a lot of time in her pool off her feet. Frankie is go go go and forages like crazy all day. She even chooses to sleep standing. I just want my baby to live happy, and healthy. I'm glad her other tootsies aren't worse, and we kicked a lot of her issues. The focus is now healing her toe that had surgery. Thank you so much for your ladies care. You all have kept me sane, and it helps to talk to other duck fanatics 🦆💕

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom