2 ducks (drakes?) fighting

From all the reading I’m doing, I thought I had 2 males and 2 females when we first got our ducks and it turns out there’s 3 males and one female. Two of my drakes are fighting with each other, as soon as they see the other they go after him. My Khaki Campbell, Chocolate, has taken to attacking my Cayuga-Midnight (he’s twice his size), my Mallard-Half-pint (half his size) and even my one female, Pekin-Goldie. My husband put Chocolate inside after watching how he aggressively goes after the other ducks, he doesn’t want any of the other ducks around Goldie. It seemed early on Goldie had taken a shine to Midnight and all was fine, then Chocolate would just climb on her and force himself, which I hated seeing. My Mallard tried to get on her once and she knocked him off lol...so he doesn’t bother. Him & Chocolate used to be like Tom & Jerry, now Chocolate acts like he’s an enemy. We have 17 eggs incubating and hopefully, all goes well, and there’s some females in there...I just don’t know what to do with my MMA Duck, Chocolate? We love all four of them and I couldn’t bare to give any of them away. The other three get along fine together, as long as Chocolate is not around to fight with them. Any suggestions? I have looked into buying adult female ducks but didn’t realize they were $25 each, our four were orphaned. I’m worried it’s going to be a situation where I have to rehome Chocolate, which would break my heart 💔
I really think the only thing you can do if you want to keep them all is add about 9 more females and see how it works. If you are hatching out 17 eggs be prepared to rehome all of them that end up being boys.

Back
Top Bottom