2 month old chick will not eat or drink PIC

If her vent is fine, and she won't eat or drink anything, i suspect that there is a problem with her crop. Does she have a smell? Have you felt her crop? Is it empty or is something in there possibly blocking passage?

I'm sorry I didn't put that in my last post. Her crop is empty, especially since she hasn't ate today. I felt the other chicks that are with her and she is just skin and bones compared to them. I am going to make a mash of warm water and their chick start and see if I can get her to eat from a syringe. I won't force it down but I will put some in her month. Please keep all fingers crossed.
bow.gif

Last edited:
Well, my girl is still around. I got Sulmet today from the feed store. She is in the house resting in a dog kennel. She still will not eat or drink on her own. But, I still keep feeding her every two hours or so with the dropper from the Poly Vi-Sol bottle. Still hoping for the best.

My girl is still not eating or drinking on her own, but I am still feeding her with a dropper. She swallows very little, but she walked a little bit today. My granddaughter named her Sally today. I've been calling her sickie chickie, so now she is known as Sickie Sally.

Quote:
have you checked her crop to make sure its not impacted with bedding and such??? My frizzle did that last month and I kept her in the house-massaging her crop feeding her yogurt mixed with Polyvisol-scrambled eggs with tons of olive oil in it-to help ease the food down and help pop out and digest what was in her-I also gave her wet food mash??

Quote:
make some scrambled eggs for her and see if she will eat them? That was the only thing that got my girl to start eating again-maybe it will work with yours??

My little Sally did not make it. She died sometime last night. Her crop was not large at all. She was skin and bones. She just refused to eat or drink anything except for what I put down her with a dropper. This went on for a week. I have 13 others the same age that are fine. So, if they show any signs of sickness I will at least get a quicker start with all the things I tried with Sally. Here is everything I tried, Sulmet in her water, honey, Poly Vi-Sol vitamins, mixed with her chick start and warm water so that I could get it in a dropper. As for as any solid food she would not even try or even water. I think she was way beyond help when I started feeding her. Thank you all for helping stay with it as long as I did. This is the 3rd chicken I've lost out of 20 that I started with last Aug. not feeling very good about raising chicken right now. I've had parakeets for years and never lost any. I sure am learning alot though and love this website. The best people and friendly words. Is there somewhere on this website to lookup different catagories as far as illnesses go?? Thank you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom