2 Very sick chickens possible Mareks disease - please help!!

Not much has changed since last update. She can now hold her head up on her own for certain periods of time and seems to be doing better. She is still at the vet for the moment though she may be picked up today. We think we found the cause though, we found a bird carcass in our yard. They must have been picking around at it and developed botulism/whatever they had from the decay and maggots.

Hi
How is your little girl?
Was quite literally writing this as you posted that 😂! She came home from the vet yesterday evening. She is healthy; drinking, eating and walking around on her own! She is in 2 day isolation in a box I made once for a brooder, to rebuild her strength. She is quite eager to get out again with her friends though. The other girls came and checked her out to see what was going on, quite a happy reunion. I am so glad she is back home and in a good state, I was very doubtful that she would make it.

Final update: She is very healthy and fine! She has been with the other girls for the past few days and seems to be back to normal. She isn’t being picked on or anything and it is like she never left.

Back
Top Bottom