2 Week Pics

mochicken

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
NW Missouri
I have been trying to post pics to update you all on my growing turkey "babies" lol. I removed the baby BSL chicken that I had with them because she needed to go back out with the chickens so then they turkey poults were screaming non stop lol, in the past I have put big stuffed animals in the coop with baby chicks to keep them quiet, I know its weird but trust me it works lol. I do not know if it is the size of the stuffed animal being bigger than them that makes them comfy or perhaps its just the extra company in the brooder but whatever it is it works lol.

Here are a couple pics

img2054jd.jpg

img2056by.jpg

Very nice, I was mowing my field today, and saw a bird fly up breifly that looked just like your poult, so I must have some wild turkey poults hidden in the grass, I stopped mowing, will wait a couple weeks ..
smile.png

Yeah I actually have 3, one likes to get pictures taken more than others lol. Its hard to get the lil buggers to hold still at this age, they are too busy "exploring" everything lol, they are soooooooooooooo nosy, every time I move they are watching me lol.

No they didnt peck it at all, in fact they thought the thing was their mommy lol. They slept on it and played with it but I never saw them bite it once, guess they dont bite their "mommy" even if it is a elephant lol

Farmerboy if you are asking what the turkeys are I am not 100% sure honestly, the person I got them from said Black Spanish but the BS babies are black so these are looking more like Bronze or Bronze Cross turkeys

Back
Top Bottom