2008 Archery Doe...PIC!

I took a bow hunting class at Conservation camp... It's crazy how deer can multiply. In a few years one couple can multiply so that theres like 20 deer. It's nuts! And if we've already killed off their natural predators, it's sort of up to us to keep them under control. The ecosystem is a delicate thing.

I wouldn't shoot a deer (or anything else) unless it was for meat. For me, archery is an awesome skill to have, and I really appriciate it, and bows don't frighten me and freak me out as much as guns. I see it sort of like sportfishing- if you're going to eat it, awesome, great catch! If you're not, then shame on you for wasting a life.

So great shoot!

Quote:
Sorry to go off topic here but WV has an actual squirrel season? Squirrel up here
are just treated as varmints.

Is squirrel hunting popular? I imagine it would be a great way to train young hunters.
Are they good? I imagine sorta like rabbit?

I hope I didn't need a license for the chipmunks I "reduced the population" on.
wink.png

Squirrel opened up here september 1st. We shot 4 while duck hunting.
tongue.png

Quote:
Sorry to go off topic here but WV has an actual squirrel season? Squirrel up here

Is squirrel hunting popular? I imagine it would be a great way to train young hunters.

wink.png

PA has a squirrel season..called "small game". I don't know about other states, but chipmunks are protected here and it is illegal to kill them..that may even be a federal thing.
wink.png

Jody

Quote:

wink.png

Squirrel opened up here september 1st. We shot 4 while duck hunting.
tongue.png

Now PP will be pming me later asking "When are we going to Vermont???"

big_smile.png
Awesome job!!! I haven't had the chance to go out yet this year. Hubby just got back from Alaska where he got a black bear (300+ pounds). It's been so warm here in Indiana that it doesn't seem like deer season. Hope your doe is yummy!!!!

Quote:

wink.png

PA has a squirrel season..called "small game". I don't know about other states, but chipmunks are protected here and it is illegal to kill them..that may even be a federal thing.
wink.png

Jody

Maybe I should have the thread with one of my chipper kills deleted then.
roll.png

Thanks Jody. I'll check local regs but I know the pest control people poison them.
Chippers do a lot of damage.

good job. My son didnt get out this past saturday, decided to work instead and this morning, oh he tried but he was too tired. i keep telling him...the freezers been bare for about 3 months now.
hit.gif
He better get out and get busy.

Back
Top Bottom