2009/2010 Seed Train. Swap Flowers, Veggies, Herbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
I love this idea. I would like to be in on this. I have several seed paks. to offer such as different types of squash and I have been digging and dividing peonies. I realize that the peonies are a little heavier than seeds but they are available in wht., red, pink.
I have some of the yellow cosmos and some marigolds available. Just point me in the right direction when this starts.
hens & chicks

Last edited:
hens & chicks :

Hi Everyone,
I love this idea. I would like to be in on this. I have several seed paks. to offer such as different types of squash and I have been digging and dividing peonies. I realize that the peonies are a little heavier than seeds but they are available in wht., red, pink.
I have some of the yellow cosmos and some marigolds available. Just point me in the right direction when this starts.
hens & chicks

it's already started... you can accept something from the current list of offers and post what you have to offer.. then someone else takes what you offer and puts up what they have...

on this list from Dammumis, there are user names next to the seeds that have been taken from the list already...
Here's the current offer from Dammumis

Cabbage- Super Red, Ferry's Round Dutch, and Copenhagen Market

Swiss Chard- Bright Lights - GINGERNUTRANGER
Beets- Early Wonder

Squash- Fordhook Zucchini, Jackpot

Pumpkin- Small Summer Ball

Pepper- Anaheim, Sweet Banana - WIFEZILLA

Eggplant- Orient Express, Lavendar Touch - Pennyhen

Lettuce- Tom Thumb

Tomatillo- Toma Verde - MSBEAR

Tomato- Pink Beauty, Super Beefsteak, Mariana, San Marzano, Polbig

Flowers- Snowdrift Marigold, Bright lights Cosmos, Bachelor Buttons double tall mix.

Italian bean seeds that my Great-great grandfather brought over from Italy in 1886. They are a flat bean that could aldo be a shell bean. The seeds are beautiful. They look like they could be varnished and used as beads.

*PS* Dammumis, that is ssoo cool about the beans.. has your family just kept growing htem every year?? that's a long time... and it's absolutley amazing.... i'm tempted to take the beans just for the fun history story that comes with them... but i think people are tired of my pumkin seeds.. lol..​

Yes, someone in the family has been growing them every year. I was past the torch this past growing season. I was given an Altoids box of them.

It is pretty cool, huh. I love stuff like this. There are Tomatoes too but I have yet to get the seed from them. Maybe, I'll call the holder of the Tomato seeds and reduce myself to groveling.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Dammumis if this offer is still good I would love some of those beans...I just can not stand to pass up a veggie with a little history
smile.png
I have to offer Ledman Watermelons and Kentucky wonder pole beans.

I will take some of those Kentucky Pole Beans.

Offer...
Organic daikon radish
Organic cress
Butternut squash
mini pumpkin
rouquette arugula*
delphinium*
Leaf Lettuce (black seeded simpson)
morning glory
Icicle radish
red kuri squash
rocky ford cantaloupe
snap dragon (tall rust resistant)
french cantaloupe
india mustard
warty pumpkin (from a BYC member...they gave me a ton! LOL)
red clover
early purple kohlrabi
pablano pepper
canton bok pak choy
scarlet nantes carrots*

*only have a little of these so pick something else to go with them

thought i took the butternut squash and offered here!

oooops I took on the TEG train!!

Last edited:
Hee hee hee

Wrong forum. Right sender.

Ok all you picky people out there...what are you looking for???

Quote:
Here's my wish list wifezilla....I've been patiently waiting
smile.png
half the time missing the opportunity
wink.png

Ground cherry
Brandwine tomato
Kale
Swiss Chard (bright lights)

Asperagus crowns
Horse Radish root

Status