1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2009 hatching list

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by poultrykeeper08, Sep 24, 2008.

1. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I will have lots of eggs in the spring and i will not need that many as i got so many birds this spring and summer! I have a lot so take a look .

-Geese -
    Ebdens
    Dewlap toulouse
    sebastopol

-Pheasants -
    ringneck
    red golden
    yellow golden
    malastic

-Ducks-
    Muscovey (Blue,lavander,buff,chocolate)
    Normal wood ducks
    Apricot wood ducks
    normal mandarins
    white mandarins
    ring tiel
    Chiloe widgeons

-Quial-
    Button
    bobwhite
    white bobwhite

-Turkeys-
    betsville small white
    black spanish

If you live close i have no prob elling eggs or chicks but if you live far away i will have to ship eggs only . ( i dont know how to ship chicks )
    let me know if any one is interested

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  2. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I've been thinking of hatching ringneck pheasants to release on my 60 acres of forest. I have to find out if that's legal in NY. I'm surrounded by state and county forests. If it is, put me on your egg list!

3. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    we have talked about raising the following next year...

muscovey duck

ringneck pheasants

and a few others not on your list [​IMG]

pm me in the spring and I may buy some eggs.....[​IMG]

4. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    Milton Florida
    Quote:I may be wrong, but pheasant are a grass land bird, not sure how they would do in forest area. I have also heard that released birds don't do very well. I myself plan on getting a couple for the pen, I miss seeing them from back home. Pheasant were everywhere out on crp grass land.

5. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Sent you a message about duck eggs.

6. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Quote:I may be wrong, but pheasant are a grass land bird, not sure how they would do in forest area. I have also heard that released birds don't do very well. I myself plan on getting a couple for the pen, I miss seeing them from back home. Pheasant were everywhere out on crp grass land.

I have a couple of acres of meadow and so does the state, nearby. I remember seeing them a lot growing up, but fewer and fewer now.

7. mbrown

mbrown Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2008
    North Florida
    I would be interested in sebastopol and toulouse geese, ringneck pheasants, and black spanish turkey eggs. If you can just let me know the price for eggs?

8. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

How big do the Chiloe widgeons get? I found the stats on the internet, but I can't visualize it. Could you please compare it's size to that of a bantam chicken? I know, I know...I'm clueless about ducks. Please forgive me...I only know chicken! [​IMG]

9. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    The chiloe widgeons are about campbell size in my experience. I bought some from a breeder but its been too hot to ship so I havent actually seen them. I have seen a pair from a distance at a friends place and thats what they looked like in size was about campbell size. Have you read Jan Hartemans site on them? http://www.harteman.nl/omnibus/index.html

10. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    mine are about the size of my wood ducks
    i have to price the eggs still lol . I dont know what to ask . Does any one have any ideas on what the going price on any of these eggs are ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by