2010 HomeMade Brooder Contest - Win $20 BYC Store Gift Cert. Ends 5/9

Hi Purple Goanna, always nice to see a fellow kiwi in the forums.

Where did you get the dimmer switch? I have lights that clip onto the brooder box and move up and down on a gooseneck set-up (cheap clamp lamps from Mitre 10 Mega), but I think the dimmer switch might be an improvement.

Quote:
Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. There are a lot of people who think your idea is wonderful, including me. We need to reuse what we have and that is how I do our brooder.

The things we use for ours are plastic bins for the layers with things set up from there. I will dig out some pics. Its those 200 meat birds that are a delight to brood. I am not sure I still have a pic of the last brooder we did on those. When does this close? We don't usually set up until May with the meat birds and we use furnace boxes and shavings to start.

Thanks! I'll add this to my page...but this is the brooder with our babies. Note the exercise gym!

41441_brooder.jpg

Well not sure how long this will be going on... I will try to get a page made up of my new brooder my DH and I put together yesterday. I will also include the other "brooders" that I used up untill now. Don't have time to do it tonight, but will get started in the morning. It's pretty cute though.

Great Job everyone else that has posted theirs I have enjoyed going through the thread and looking at all the different brooders!

Back
Top Bottom