2012 Louisiana chickenstocks, shows, and meet-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as we get date, time, place I will put up flyers in Downsville, Monroe, West Monroe. and anywhere else I can think of near by.

That's okay . . .you got the info from the same place I originally found it.
smile.png

Ann

Would anyone be willing to help me out with passing out flyers to local feed stores and hand outs, once the date and time been determined for the meet n' greet? Want to get the word out about us and spread the love of poultry.

Once you have a flyer made up, send me a PDF or something similar and I will print some out and take them in to Winnfield and the feedstore in Jonesboro. That is getting a bit far north but there should be some interest. If you need them, I should have a set of 'generic' poultry club bylaws on my computer that could be modified and used by the club.

How many of you are planning on attending the Haynesville show in November?

Ann

vkyzar That would be very helpful :) and Ann,

Quote: Yes I'll send you a PDF of a flyer once it's made and if you can find the 'generic' bylaws send them my please. I will print them off so we can go over them during the meet n' greet.

As for the show up in Haynesville, i don't know if I'll be attending. If I do go it will be as a spectator.

We could probably use the livestock barn at the DeRidder Fairgrounds. I can check and see. What date are you thinking?

Once you have a flyer made up, send me a PDF or something similar and I will print some out and take them in to Winnfield and the feedstore in Jonesboro. That is getting a bit far north but there should be some interest. If you need them, I should have a set of 'generic' poultry club bylaws on my computer that could be modified and used by the club.

How many of you are planning on attending the Haynesville show in November?

Ann

~ can you please send me a copy as well thank you. as for the show i don't know if i can yet or not that's a few months away and a lot can happen within a few months, however i would like to go with my kids as a bystander.

~ we will probably be doing it on the 1st (sat) since the 18th is this weekend(sat), just waiting on some reply's from others :)

Quote:

Looks like it so far..need to figure out a place and time..you said around 2ish? Do we all want to meet at a resturant where we all can eat for lunch/dinner or we can go supper cheap and bring like a pot luck kinda thing at a park (snacking food) or something like that. Just trying to get an idea of what everyone would like to do. Afternoon time or evening time????

Looks like it so far..need to figure out a place and time..you said around 2ish? Do we all want to meet at a resturant where we all can eat for lunch/dinner or we can go supper cheap and bring like a pot luck kinda thing at a park (snacking food) or something like that. Just trying to get an idea of what everyone would like to do. Afternoon time or evening time????
we are still working out the date, time, and place :) it will be on a sat. (most likely the 1st) time i was thinking around 2, place maybe a park for those who have kids who may get tired/bored of sitting. i am thinking of doing some fun things for the kids as well such as coloring pages and word search's things like that that they can be occupied with as well.

I am going to the show in Haynesville. Not sure yet if I'm showing any birds. I am waiting for more information from Mr. Crain, the contact person. He said to send him a reminder in Oct and he would send me everything I needed. As soon as I get more info I will pass it along to you guys.

As far as our meeting, we need to set up a time, date, place and send it out to all those who have shown an interest. If we do it now we still have time to change anything.

Date: Sept 1st
Time: 1:00
Place: DeRidder, La ( You guys that live near or in DeRidder fill this in. Resturant or park,?)
If its a resturant we need to know how many are attending since some may be bringing youngsters. Then alerting the resturant to the number of people and if they will have the room and can arrange tables or maybe have a separate room for us. If its a park, I like the idea of the PotLuck lunch. I wouldn't mind making something to munch on. We can all bring our own drink and to help keep cost down we can bring our own eating dish and utensils. Oh, yeah, the park needs to have picnic tables that can be moved. I'll start a list of people who are attending as soon as they start responding and will give any a nudge that expressed an interest but haven't made up their mind yet. I hope no one thinks I am being pushy. :)

I am going to the show in Haynesville. Not sure yet if I'm showing any birds. I am waiting for more information from Mr. Crain, the contact person. He said to send him a reminder in Oct and he would send me everything I needed. As soon as I get more info I will pass it along to you guys.

As far as our meeting, we need to set up a time, date, place and send it out to all those who have shown an interest. If we do it now we still have time to change anything.

Date: Sept 1st
Time: 1:00
Place: DeRidder, La ( You guys that live near or in DeRidder fill this in. Resturant or park,?)
If its a resturant we need to know how many are attending since some may be bringing youngsters. Then alerting the resturant to the number of people and if they will have the room and can arrange tables or maybe have a separate room for us. If its a park, I like the idea of the PotLuck lunch. I wouldn't mind making something to munch on. We can all bring our own drink and to help keep cost down we can bring our own eating dish and utensils. Oh, yeah, the park needs to have picnic tables that can be moved. I'll start a list of people who are attending as soon as they start responding and will give any a nudge that expressed an interest but haven't made up their mind yet. I hope no one thinks I am being pushy. :)
:) ..I don't think your pushy..I'll let you know what everyone says when they get back with me. I know one of them i might give them a call since they gave me there contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom