2012??????

feather and mountain man

Corn fed Indiana farmgirl
10 Years
Jan 17, 2010
Do you believe the end of days theories??? My son is doing a report for school on what people believe about the 2012 Mayan calender. He believes it is a possibility because of the intense weather and earthquakes / tsunamis. So can you help us out with your thoughts on this. I personally do not believe the world will end I think the world will change drastically and this is how I live my life in preparation for this at any point in time. However we live in preparation not just for environmental breakdown but also economical breakdown. We grow and raise our own food. Have would burner for heat and warm water. Also to cook our food. We can our veggies and meats as well and dehydrate our own milk. We are never in duress when the power goes out or the any other disaster hits our area. We are survivors. So can you help us out with what you think about 2012 and if you think you are prepared?

I think the world as we know it ends every day.

The cell phone changed everything about the world as we knew it. Most world changing events are only clear in the rear view mirror.

The other day scientists found out a proof about anti matter that, if people were really paying attention, they would realize changes everything about how we view this universe.

Frankly, I think there are so many people looking forward to the end of the world that if it does not come about by natural means, people will make it come about through violence and revolution. A significant number of people WANT the world as they know it to end and they'll be mighty ticked if it doesn't.

That worries me far more than pole shift or any other natural disaster scenario.

We are moderate in preparation.

I guess I'm still baffled about how you prepare for the supposed "End of Days". What exactly are you preparing for? AFTER the End of Days?
I honestly just don't get it.
No, I don't believe it and no we are not prepping for it.
We prep for hurricane season every year and that's as far as we go.

Last edited:
I think it is a bunch of hooey.

Life will continue, no outlandish change.

The "end of the world" has come and gone repeatedly.

Just think, there will be a tomorrow.

wink.png

Although some people that I know like to wonder about it, it doesn't jive at all with my pre-trib, pre-mill view of how things are gonna play out.

It's a load of baloney. Fun to think about, but I highly doubt the world will end in a year and a half.

I think the entire 2012 is way, way over-hyped and a misunderstanding of what the Mayans meant in the first place.

There are natural disasters that will occur in that year just as they have occurred in every year. And man-made disasters and crises too.

Just as they are doing this year and will do in 2014 as well.

It's just silly nonsense.

People thought Y2K was the end. . . And wasn't there a year before that, too, that people thought was the end?

Also - The sudden amount of crazy storms and all. . . We got through that a lot. It's just climate change, phases of the planet and even the sun, etc. Nothing unusual. For us and our lifespan it may seem that way, but we've had worse before.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom