2012??????

Quote:
I like that idea. Stuck with payments that they thought they wouldn't have. Was Y2k supposed to be the end of the world? I thought it was just going to mess up the financial sector and other computer based stuff. The only religious implication would be lack of payroll deductions for tithing.

That movie 2012 was a bit repetitive wasn't it? Silly stuff.

I just checked.
The BYC calendar ends January 31, 2012.

Coincidence??? I think not.
roll.png
hide.gif

Imp-
roll.png
<- worried

Quote:

EVERY generation of people has thought that the particular trials and tribulations associated with their time on earth HAS to be worse than anything that has ever come before. The earth has been through worse, much worse, in it's geological history. It will go through worse. The natural disasters we have had are only disasters because they have disrupted places where we live. To the planet it's just a little stretching and farting.

Coincidentally, I saw a billboard while driving through Eden, NC that said the end of the world will come on May 21, 2011, GUARANTEED. Too funny. I just don't pay attention to doomsday predictions. When God is ready, I think the best we can do is be ready for Him.

Last edited:
Quote:

EVERY generation of people has thought that the particular trials and tribulations associated with their time on earth HAS to be worse than anything that has ever come before. The earth has been through worse, much worse, in it's geological history. It will go through worse. The natural disasters we have had are only disasters because they have disrupted places where we live. To the planet it's just a little stretching and farting.

Coincidentally, I saw a billboard while driving through Eden, NC that said the end of the world will come on May 21, 2011, GUARANTEED. Too funny. I just don't pay attention to doomsday predictions. When God is ready, I think the best we can do is be ready for Him.

very true. I forgot the name of the phenomenon but basically when ever something tragic happens to a group of people, it seems like the whole world is suffering at tragedy to them. The truth is the western world, industrialized nations, and so on have had it so good for so long we are unused to the trials that has faced most of humanity during our existence on earth,s o when something happens close to home or when we take notice to something, it seems like a bigger more meaningful thing than it is. The truth of the matter is, horrible tragedies happen daily all over the world, we just rarely hear about it.

Also the more absorbed someone is in their own world, not paying attention to what happens to other people particularly people who don't get covered in modern mass media, then the less they are to realize that these "turbulent times' are, in the grand scope of things, are not so turbulent at all. They are only taking notice because it is affecting them.

ok here is wat happened

mayan 1: you ran out of stone for the calander

mayan 2: ill get some more later

mayan 1: i sure hope that people dont think the world will end in 2012 because we didnt finish this calander

Back
Top Bottom