2013 SEED/PLANT/GARDENING SWAP

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rbaker0345, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daze333

daze333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Port Angeles, WA
    Renee,
    Can I ship out your buckeyes today? (1 day early)
    And can I have your e-mail to send ppl?
    Please and thank you!

2. rbaker0345

rbaker0345 Big Mamma Brahma

That's fine, I need to let them set for a couple of days before putting them into the turner anyway.

My pp address is [email protected]

I have just candled the muscovy eggs that you sent me by accident. There were 14 in the box and I accidentally dropped one while candling (stupid neuropathy hand). Out of the 13 left, I've got 7 growing. I don't think this is too bad, they must have been abused in the mail because they had some really wonky air cells. All I am hoping for is some new blood, If I get a couple to hatch that will be great. Besides, my husband starts to get a constipated look on his face every time I bring up the subject of more muscovies. He obsesses about the feed bill, I tell him that they can have my portion of the grocery money, I need to lose about 20lbs anyway. This doesn't seem to amuse him. They don't eat that much once they grow up anyway.

3. daze333

daze333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Port Angeles, WA
    Money sent and buckeye eggies going out today.

LOL about hubby! Scovies are the best! (besides geese!)

4. Nimby Chickens

Nimby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2010
    Central FL
    Are muscovies really good ducks? I know they are sort of 'ugly' to many - what makes them the best duck? We have them wild here in FL, all over the place. Are they good layers? Quiet? Friendly?

5. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    The quietest & most friendly ducks you can find. They don't quack, they sort of hiss & the drakes often sound like they are laughing at you because it sounds like "heeheeheehee." I love the mohawks & the wiggly little tails. With proper shelter & light many will lay through the winter even. Plus their meat isn't greasy like most ducks. It's said to be closer to steak (haven't eaten any of mine yet to find out).

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  6. rbaker0345

1. They don't quack
    2. They don't need as much water, so if you don't have a pond, they're happy with a small pool or even a rubber feed pan full of water.
    3. They eat mosquito eggs off of the top of any standing water they can find.
    4. They are very good layers and excellent mothers.
    5. The meat is so good, I could give up turkey for Thanksgiving for the rest of my life.
    6. They have a much cooler personality than other ducks. If regular ducks are Jerry Lewis then muscovies are Frank Sinatra.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  7. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Mine - bulbing fennel seeds and dill seeds

Offer:
    Celery seed - Utah

A mix of heirloom tomato seed - Tess's Land Race, White Queen, Mini orange, copia, stupice, san marzano

Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans - heirloom

black turtle beans

8. rbaker0345

Bumping the thread.[​IMG]

9. rbaker0345

I am sending out orders tomorrow to: Silkie, SusanRenee, Daloorashens, Sahwithchicks, Amyable (just the seeds for now, the willow hasn't rooted yet), mlongworth and erinszoo.

10. mlongworth

mlongworth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2012
    indiana
    This might sound stupid but what does bumping the thread mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by