2014 Hatchery Chick Orders

Yeah, the brooder I have doesn't have a top so hopefully when they get older, they don't want to fly out.

why does this bring popcorn to mind?
lau.gif

I can just see wee little birds constantly trying flutter out.

Slipswife, hope your's arrive safely also!
Thank you! I just looked up the weather in Lebanon, MO and its suppose to be 8* tonight...I hope they pack in a lot of chicks for warmth...I'm not sure how they would handle losses on a surprise. We only had a couple last year, I think 1 during shipment and 1 after...I need to look and see if I can find the post to remind myself but it wasn't a lot.

Thank you! I just looked up the weather in Lebanon, MO and its suppose to be 8* tonight...I hope they pack in a lot of chicks for warmth...I'm not sure how they would handle losses on a surprise. We only had a couple last year, I think 1 during shipment and 1 after...I need to look and see if I can find the post to remind myself but it wasn't a lot.

I figure I wouldn't report for refund/replacement unless the value of the remaining birds was less than the cost of the surprise.

I figure I wouldn't report for refund/replacement unless the value of the remaining birds was less than the cost of the surprise.
How much will you figure per chick? $3? I was thinking if there are a lot of losses, around half, I will contact them. The low here was the same as what they are forecasted when my order of 10 bantams and 7 packing peanuts shipped from Ideal and we lost 6 of the bantams (4 during shipment and 2 with in 24/48 hours) and 1 of the packing peanuts so that's why I'm worried about the 8* they are having in Lebanon. Even though we are in Texas like Ideal, it was still a 2 day shipment. Luckily it looks like things are warming up tomorrow and since we are expecting more than 17 chicks in our surprise, I'm hoping there will be strength in numbers.
fl.gif
I'm a little concerned there's going to be a number of bantams (though I'm hoping for a few silkies so I don't have to order any and can stay away from TSC assorted bantam bin) because there are so many available for today on their list. I know some breeds are taken off due to preselling as many as they allow but there's usually 'extras'.

I also believe I'm over thinking this...
lau.gif

How much will you figure per chick? $3? I was thinking if there are a lot of losses, around half, I will contact them. The low here was the same as what they are forecasted when my order of 10 bantams and 7 packing peanuts shipped from Ideal and we lost 6 of the bantams (4 during shipment and 2 with in 24/48 hours) and 1 of the packing peanuts so that's why I'm worried about the 8* they are having in Lebanon. Even though we are in Texas like Ideal, it was still a 2 day shipment. Luckily it looks like things are warming up tomorrow and since we are expecting more than 17 chicks in our surprise, I'm hoping there will be strength in numbers.
fl.gif
I'm a little concerned there's going to be a number of bantams (though I'm hoping for a few silkies so I don't have to order any and can stay away from TSC assorted bantam bin) because there are so many available for today on their list. I know some breeds are taken off due to preselling as many as they allow but there's usually 'extras'.

I also believe I'm over thinking this...
lau.gif

I would figure up the value of the remaining birds by counting them and looking at how much they cost. This may involve some guesstimates as to which breeds they are. You know, like if there were 25 chicks (or more or less depending on breeds) or 15 ducks or 7 turkeys, then they are still worth more than the cost of the surprise

I would figure up the value of the remaining birds by counting them and looking at how much they cost. This may involve some guesstimates as to which breeds they are. You know, like if there were 25 chicks (or more or less depending on breeds) or 15 ducks or 7 turkeys, then they are still worth more than the cost of the surprise
I got my email...now just to wait and see what the box info is...

Back
Top Bottom