2014 Hatchery Chick Orders

Wow, somehow I have been missing this thread!

I have on order from Cackle:

Shipping 4/21/14
10 Spitzhauben straight run
5 Easter Egger pullets
15 Cochin in assortment
2 Bourbon red turkeys
1 NH red rooster (a dog got mine and my cinnamon queen breeding pen can't function without!)

1 Hatchery surprise shipping 6/2/14

It is such a looooooong time to wait I got 16 assorted silkies from Hardin Poultry/Heirloom Orpingtons and 7 chicks from TSC.
Did you request the 6/2/14 ship date for the hatchery surprise or are they that booked out?

I requested it. That way my brooders should be empty and ready.
Sure...rub it in that I didn't pre-plan this very well...If I had your address you would have a surprise hatchery surprise at your door...
lau.gif

Seriously though...I did not plan this out very well...

Sure...rub it in that I didn't pre-plan this very well...If I had your address you would have a surprise hatchery surprise at your door...:lau

Seriously though...I did not plan this out very well...

Wasn't my planning. My hubby didn't want to build ANOTHER brooder lol. I almost succumbed to chicks at tsc but then realized I would have to buy a light and a tote and stick them in the laundry room. Made it easier to walk away!

Our Cackle Hatchery surprise made it in, all safe and sound.

There are 47 chicks and 2 ducklings. Pictures and 'guess the breed' will come soon. They faired the weather nicely and are being extremely loud this morning!

Our Cackle Hatchery surprise made it in, all safe and sound.

There are 47 chicks and 2 ducklings. Pictures and 'guess the breed' will come soon. They faired the weather nicely and are being extremely loud this morning!
Yay!! Can't wait to see pics!

Oh boy, and you are not good at the waiting game!  Wait, neither am I!!!!  :fl

No lol I'm not it stresses me out!!! I get so worried about them. They came in at 10pm ..1 doa
1f613.png
but the rest are awesome. I'm happy with both hatcheries ..mpc has the best customer service. the doa was one if my blue ameraucanas. I got cream Legbars brahmas Marans barnevelders penedesenca polish and more!!

Back
Top Bottom