2015 breeding season

Oh no i have a question for you guys ..well my month old peachick eat 2 little screws and one bigger the other 2 so 3 total will that heart him? Will he be able to poop it out ? Or will it kill him?

Peacocks are prone to eating small shiny sharp objects, I've heard it referred to as "Hardware Disease". There is no way of knowing if he will survive, if the screws perforate his digestive tract he will likely die from it, but it can happen very quickly or very slowly. If he makes it past the next 2 months, he will probably be okay. Sorry this happened to him.

Thank you very much for the information and I hope he don't die ;( he's the one I took out of the shell and now he is a month old :) momaa peahen just die a few days ago so she left 3 peachick alone ;( they are only a few days bigger then the one I have inside the house but one already got eat by something so there is 2 left

So,my hen Lucy has always hatched 6 out of 6 eggs in the past. Now- this time....she just hatched the one chick, and when I saw the chick was growing weaker- having to wait for the other eggs to hatch, the hen wasn't going to get up and take her feeding.... so I finally tapped the other eggs. All 5 eggs were totally undeveloped...nothing. How weird is that? One perfect chick and 5 unfertilized eggs. Too early in the season,...too cold weather,....my male needs inspiration? What do you think?
So, little chick is an only child, which Will work out nicely as I was planning on keeping one this year.
Now I don't have to choose.
Here is my "only child" today. I was hoping for another hen- and have been thinking all along it was a hen- but, reading the gender posts...I'm wondering...
First pic is, baby, mother and father.
this pic is babyT...male?

Here is my "only child" today. I was hoping for another hen- and have been thinking all along it was a hen- but, reading the gender posts...I'm wondering...
First pic is, baby, mother and father.
this pic is babyT...male?
So, forgive me for being stupid- I keep thinking I should know how to tell the sex by now, but since my babies have all left(sold) in the past, before they reached maturity- I guess I've missed out on too many years of follow through. So, would some one point out all the definite markers for male sex, and what it would look like instead - if it were a hen. pleaase...? Now this is a June 3 hatch baby, so will these markers change? I stupidly assumed the barred feathers were a juvenile thing, and if it was a hen, she would lose them....no? How long ago were these feathers definitely male?

Last edited:
So, forgive me for being stupid- I keep thinking I should know how to tell the sex by now, but since my babies have all left(sold) in the past, before they reached maturity- I guess I've missed out on too many years of follow through. So, would some one point out all the definite markers for male sex, and what it would look like instead - if it were a hen. pleaase...? Now this is a June 3 hatch baby, so will these markers change? I stupidly assumed the barred feathers were a juvenile thing, and if it was a hen, she would lose them....no? How long ago were these feathers definitely male?

Barring, long narrow neck feathers are also a give away. Hens go solid shoulder and would have short wide neck feathers. Here's a picture of three week old chicks.
Female in back, male up front.

1 month old male

10 week old male.

2 month old male.

Back
Top Bottom