2015 BYC Calendar - Your Pictures Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

Here are my two submissions.
Loved the simple beauty of the snow on chicken wire and then my "girls" were enjoying the snow in the first picture.
Thanks,
Littleredhen12

Is that rock a rooster or a hen? Sorry but I have a (I think is a hen) she is already 24 weeks and no sings of laying yet.
I'm asking because I have read, that their combs have to be fully develop before this happens. I was looking at your picture.

No he is a rooster he is just young. Not to mention Barred Rock pullet & cockerels look very similar. He only has come of age in the last month or so. About 7-8 months old. He is head with 3 others who are about 2 months behind him except Miso the Japanese Bantam you see here on the perch.

If your bird doesnt have long legs and isnt making funny sounds then shell start soon. Its not an exact science. I have a female quite small Barred Rock and she too only started laying recently and sh is now about 9-10minths He comb is on the small side so I am not sure how that might tie in.

My friend helped me take these beautiful pictures. I am not very good at taking pictures so I asked her to give me a hand. I just love how they came out!

This picture is of Lacey. She is the leader of the flock for sure.

This is after one of our yougsters Speckles joined Lacey in the tree. They LOVE this tree.

Not sure if these are my finals yet but I do love them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom