2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My eggS shipped today super eggcited!
1f414.png
1f423.png
1f425.png

Mine too! It's like Christmas except the packages all say do not open until Haloween :D what do you have coming? I have Black Marans coming from Littlepeddler, feeling kinda apprehensive as this is my first hatch!

Hey I have a 12+ eggs half Olive Egger and half EE if anyone would like them for hatching. The color genes are BBS and Silver Duckwing mostly. Email me if interested.

I have it in the center where I can see it through the window. It monitors the range so I know whether there's a drop or spike in humidity or temp. Last hatch I moved it around when I turned the eggs, but always viewable through the window.
but at what level? below eggs top of eggs?

They're here! I will let you know how the air cells look tonight when I candle.
beautiful!

Sorry, been MIA the last week, I've been sitting on my hands and leaving them be, lol. Today is day 7, and 15 out of 18 are developing! Threw out a BLRW, Isbar and BCM. Pretty good for shipped eggs right? This is my first time shipping.
yesss.gif

Two definite rolling air cells. I couldn't see any other air cells. So, what should I do?
set little end down, (remember air cell will be located in the fat end of the egg so when you hold the flashlight to candle at the fat end of egg, thats when you should see it)
just follow your procedure you have already set up, sometimes you cant see air cells :)

I found this but it seems so huge. Where would I install it in an LG?

ETA It is 5" x 5" x 2". I measured the incubator and unless I make a cut it won't fit.
hubs thinks it is probably too big, anyone else have input? is there a way to make fan slow down safely? its way bigger than the little computer fans we installed
hmm.png

My eggS shipped today super eggcited!
1f414.png
1f423.png
1f425.png

yippiechickie.gif

Mine too! It's like Christmas except the packages all say do not open until Haloween
big_smile.png
what do you have coming? I have Black Marans coming from Littlepeddler, feeling kinda apprehensive as this is my first hatch!
yesss.gif

Mine too! It's like Christmas except the packages all say do not open until Haloween :D what do you have coming? I have Black Marans coming from Littlepeddler, feeling kinda apprehensive as this is my first hatch!

I have 8+ Millie fleur duccles coming. I'm also getting some serama crosses that are local. So I will have a full bator!
1f601.png

I found this but it seems so huge. Where would I install it in an LG?

ETA It is 5" x 5" x 2". I measured the incubator and unless I make a cut it won't fit.

Let me see if I can get a picture of how I mounted my fan in my LG. It's smaller than yours but I think you should still be able to do this one the way I did mine. I threaded the cord through one of the humidity holes and attached the fan on the inside right underneath the hole, then wired the cord on the outside afterward. It worked really well.

but at what level? below eggs top of eggs?

It is an acurite thermometer hygrometer from Walmart. It sits magnet side down next to the eggs. I believe the sensor measures somewhere in the middle of the eggs.

I have the eggs set. The two with detached air cells and all 4 of the BCM are fat end up in the carton. The rest I'm treating as normal.

The fan is slow moving, but it is too big. When I build an incubator I'll use it, but not for this hatch. Pyxis, I think it would interfere with the heating element in mine. I'll remeasure tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Ok, turns out I was not seeing the air cell; I candled from the top down & I could see they look fine! So I have 6 developing in the incubator and 6 under the broodies. I would like to have the broodies raise all the chicks cause less work for me, so hopefully I can add the incubator chicks after hatching if all goes well. The incubator eggs are a day behind the broody eggs.

So hopefully I will have some cute Orpington chicks hatch out around the 16th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom