2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    I love all the contest ideas, especially the recipe and costume contest. I'm going to try to get to my sewing machine today (the sewing room is a mess), and if I can I will make an egg collecting apron for donation. I was going to make myself one anyway, and Walmart had a sale on great fabric.

I'd like a few cochin or brahma eggs, a few ccl eggs, and a few ameraucana eggs. I'm not sure if I'll find any and I sold my rooster so I won't have fertile eggs until Spring. I can't wait until the 27th to see what's available at the Eastern New York Poultry Association Fall Show. If all else fails I could ask some friends for eggs.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Wonderful! let me know how it works out and we can find a contest for it! YAY!!

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    oops

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  6. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    :hit

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]knock it off, you dont cry

8. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    My sewing room turned into my hatching/brooding room. My latest batch is about to go outside, so hopefully I'll get my sewing room back for the winter! I love the idea of an egg collecting apron!

Waaaaaaa stop it! [​IMG]

9. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    I'll let you know this afternoon. They where a lot of fun! :D
    Though I like the costume contest! Maybe either dress up the fowl or us users can dress up? Or maybe both? Have three categories? Maybe a fall chicken picture contest? Oh, a Halloween themed caption contest maybe? I'd love to donate eggs, though 1) they are mixed breed(though I have a lot of breeds, it's not just your average RSL crosses and such(SFH, Sumatra, ) 2) only my Welsummer, Polish and jap bantam are laying out of 15 hens. Seriously ladies? I will have to see what else I have :) Have a good day everyone!

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LOL, I am glad to have my lower level back! the dust was crazy when I shipped and sold so many chicks!
    I seen the egg ones on pinterest, they are really neat! A friend here on byc traded me feed aprons for eggs, and then I got some for the kids for crafts and when they help process! love them!
    My machine is stored way up in my closet in the back.... I should get it out!

LOL!!!! you have a great easterbasket of eggs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by