2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Day 7 candling shows veins or movement in all but one welsummer egg. Its air cell disappeared and it has a blood ring. So we are down to 26/27.

What do the experts think of the air cells?

@Sally Sunshine

@ronott1

And all you other helpful folks.

The look good so far and they are getting bigger.
And i feel terrible! I havent been on this thread in 2 weeks because ive been so busy with finding chick homes
hmm.png
Did you go not a trip?

@Sally Sunshine I didn't know breeders had secret mix breed formulas for things! Maybe I will have to come up with my own! (gonna be hard with the no rooster ordinance) lol
barnie.gif

awwwww message me when you want to hatch some and I can send you some eggs to hatch out and hook you up with some huge layers, and explain how to tell male from females at hatch.
hugs.gif

Sally, you asked if I am feeling better..physically yes..thank goodness, but I'm sooo sad. My little white one didn't make it.
hit.gif
It's belly was soo big. It cried all night long. Something just wastn' right in there, and that baby hatched on it's own, crawled around like it was doing well, first time this has happened to me when a chick has acted fine after hatching on it's own. Man it was beautiful too. My last baby hatched early this morning. So 6 hatched, 5 made it.

And, my favorite leghorn has had something going on with her leg. It seems to be up in the hip. No open sores. She's pulled it somehow. Now, she is just laying around, didn't roost last night, not sure I want her to go on like this. It seemed to be getting better, then, back to laying around again. Love her. :(
When it rains bad chicken days, it seems to pour. I've been working on two bumble foot too. At least they are healing well, they usually do well once removed.
I am glad you feel better, sorry about the little white squirt,
hit.gif
she was so pretty darnit!!!! think she had osteo then???

oh no not your leghorn too! I swear chickens have the most issues out of all the critters good grief!!! I hope I read that she is better as I keep reading!!!
fl.gif
and bumble foot, yea sucks to have to take care of but what a relief to them!

I currently have 9 in the incubator on day 16. I had to take them out of the auto turner because I think one is way ahead of schedule. Hand turning from here on out. This is my first batch.

WELCOME @Harleyhorse
frow.gif
what breed is in??

Well I have 20 out! Started withh 33 eggs 9 were clears so I'm not gonna count those lol. Of the 24 remaing I broke 1
1f622.png
20 have hatched.
4 welsummer
4 barred rock
4 mystery eggs from a local farmer
1 buff
3 mixed breeds that are so mixed up at this point in my breeding there's too much to point out but I keep these girls around because they consistently give me large yummy eggs.

The mystery eggs I got could have come from a splash, white silkie or silver laced wyandotte and looking at the chickies I'm leaning towards splash, what do y'all think?

Came home to the greatest surprise!
oh yea oh yea

It's been about 10 hours since internal pip- should I be worried that there is no external pip yet?
gonna keep reading but at the time Ron was correct! bet you have an external now! if not a chick maybe? gonna keep reading on.....

DASP Mini YZ9-7
http://www.dasp.com/index.php/yellow-mini-digital-incubator.html

I think it stands for:
Dinky
And
Slightly

Predictable
lau.gif
lol silly

Well the spouse and I candled again tonight and decided that all but one were duds. Broke them open tonight and indeed, all were clears. The maybe is still in the incubator, but I am very disappointed and sad
1f625.png
oh crudbucketsofmealworms!!!!!
hugs.gif

that sucksbigtime
he.gif

Day 7 candling shows veins or movement in all but one welsummer egg. Its air cell disappeared and it has a blood ring. So we are down to 26/27.

What do the experts think of the air cells?

@Sally Sunshine

@ronott1

And all you other helpful folks.
looks good so far, what is humidity running at? 20-35% I would not go higher

Thanks for asking! I ended up hatching 3 weeks early. I think i have 4 roos out of my 6!! This is almost 30 roos ive hatched this year and 5 hens! Haha
oh my! what do you do with them all, sell them at auctions?

So where are all the contest entries???? I want to see all the creativity!
pop.gif

Some really fun contests on this thread. I hope to enter the chicken costume contest tomorrow.
ya.gif

And maybe Friday I can carve a pumpkin or paint someone's face....
lol.png

If you decorate an egg, (how easy is that!?)....
Or decorate your coop, you could win some of my eggs!
celebrate.gif
(And yes, you can have them shipped in spring if you don't feel like going through this incubating drama again, right away.....)
wink.png

Best of luck to all the little chickies.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I was thinking the same thing yesterday and was going to start harassing again!!!

So easy to win some cool prizes!!! I want All of the prizes! you guys are lucky I cant enter!!! I wouldn't hesitate either would i
lau.gif
Some of my best birds came from Greenfire this way! ha ha ha

Well I have 20 out! Started withh 33 eggs 9 were clears so I'm not gonna count those lol. Of the 24 remaing I broke 1
1f622.png
20 have hatched.
4 welsummer
4 barred rock
4 mystery eggs from a local farmer
1 buff
3 mixed breeds that are so mixed up at this point in my breeding there's too much to point out but I keep these girls around because they consistently give me large yummy eggs.

The mystery eggs I got could have come from a splash, white silkie or silver laced wyandotte and looking at the chickies I'm leaning towards splash, what do y'all think?

I want a splash silkie roo so I can cross them with my SLW and make Wilkies. Those are so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom