2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    My eggs go into lock down tomorrow..I stop turning these small ones a half a day early, and mark the eggs because some of them need more time to try and turn. I candle. Another one gone! What is going on? This isn't normal for me to lose this many from this gal. Shipped yes, but I've had great hatches from her. Opened the egg, the baby looked to small. Fully formed, with a huge...and I mean huge amount of yolk. I was surprised that this yolk was in this tiny egg. When I have laying silkies, I never see a yolk this big. Might be the reason? [​IMG] There wasn't much blood to be absorbed. Will have to candle on day 20 with the three I have left. Oh man! [​IMG]

2. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    [​IMG]Day 14 candle coming up on Wed. Too excited. Almost can't wait to see inside!!

PS... Posting some more emoticons, because i figured out how to save them for my work chat lol

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Ok that's enough LOL sorry for the emoticon spam, don't feel like combing thru to find all the ones I wanted

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  3. TJChickens

TJChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    East of San Diego
    Well, that pretty much covers the broad range of emotions we all go through incubating eggs.... [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. sonshine15

sonshine15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    Hi everyone. I've missed ya'll. Between hatching, company, tummy flu and trying to pack for a funeral.........overload. Babies are all doing great but will be just checking in and out of the group for over a week. Things need to slow down a bit to say the least.

Going to spend some time going over posts this morning before company wakes up lol[​IMG]

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Wow, that's busy. Sorry to hear you're headed to a funeral. :hugs

I was at a memorial celebration on Saturday at a non denominational church, it was organized by a hospice and was for several different people at once. They had prayers, poems and songs from many different beliefs it was quite beautiful, I hope to be remembered in such a way.

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    ANSWER: your NOT going to!!!!

NOSES ON BATORS
    [​IMG]
    awwww you are so loving! [​IMG]do you have any children yet?

[​IMG]

@bluehousefarm

wrong place? you mean loose? or rolling? see TJchickens reply below for more comments

x2

WELCOME!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] sniff sniff sniff [​IMG]

x2

how are your air cells looking? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh sonshine awwww hugs sweetie!!! [​IMG]come back when things settle, you know we are here when you need us!

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  8. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    Sooo.... Is incubating an addiction?? Because I find myself looking on ebay and the hatching egg thread here a lot more than i should, looking for other breeds I "might" like, and I haven't even finished the first hatch to see if I am even doing it right! My husband has said NO to more which I get and agree with. Because right now we're on temporary ground. Our home should be finished right around Christmas, so maybe for a Jan/Feb/Mar hatch along lol.

ETA: Autocorrect strikes again!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  9. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    @Sally Sunshine >> how are your air cells looking?

They look really good..in the few that are left. I'll take photos of the few. I have them marked. Need to get the humidity up today.

10. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Here are the three, air sacs look good. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All moving well. Hope it stays that way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by