2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yuckyuck.gif

As per Sally's request...

ohhhhhhh I love them!!! next spring you just wait!!!!

I felt like my tiny DASP incubator wasn't cooperating with me or I was doing too much during the first 8 serama eggs I set so for the second 10 I set I borrowed a used foam incubator that ended up very screwy. Maybe I just didn't know how to do a foamy. They went back in my tiny DASP instead out of frustration.
roll.png

I went with the dry hatching, it worked better for me as my humidity didn't dip below 40% without water & I had more fetal development further along. I also only candled the 10th day & right before lock down, other than initially when I received them in the mail.
I took the 19th & 20th day off from work to be home & silly egg hatched after I got home midnight on day 22

I had saddle air cells in a few & actually the one that hatched was the worst of the saddle eggs, but he's beautiful...after he got fluffy
lol.png

oh my so back and forth between bators and screwy temps and humidity would do it for sure! look at the cuties!!!

I gotta go check on the flock and pick up some meaties and weigh them in, how terrible does that sound, ugggh of course hubs decides to go to SC hunting the weekend they need processed and if I have to do 26 birds with my kids myself I am gonna take all weekend! grrrrrrrr
he.gif

I will be back to add the hal recipe contest for ya all!
frow.gif

But Happy Thursday! (that would be the day b4 friday! YAY)
bun.gif

Happy Thursday! Today is coop day here. I have a long list of things that have to get done for each of the two coops I have, I should make a third coop, and I also need to make an incubator/hatcher to stagger the hatch for Halloween here...

Eggs are here from Littlepeddler Marans! I am SO excited! I will set these 7 tomorrow. I have another dozen coming to be set next week :)

One of my broodies seems to have come down with chicken pinkeye. Her eyes are all icky and gummed shut. I'm going to give her eggs to the other broody & I will probably have to isolate the sick one. Bummer, cause I was hoping to have the two of them raise the chicks together. Oh well, I'll bring her to the vet today & see what she says.

One of my broodies seems to have come down with chicken pinkeye.  Her eyes are all icky and gummed shut.  I'm going to give her eggs to the other broody & I will probably have to isolate the sick one.  Bummer, cause I was hoping to have the two of them raise the chicks together.  Oh well, I'll bring her to the vet today & see what she says.

KUP. Hope she recovers quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom