2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRACIOUS! I was expecting pips on Sunday, but those babies want out! Three pipped while I was gone to the movies. Twelve hours without heat didn't hurt them at all... I suspect my incubator may be running a bit hot. Might be time to send the brinsea in to be serviced.

Mine survived 13 hours without heat. Chickens are strong creatures. Glad they are piping - keep us updated.

:jumpy :jumpy
:jumpy
 How many peeps will you hatch?

I am hoping for 6! They are some very special turkens and I'm hoping to have hit on a particular recessive gene with them.. 50/50 chance each chick.

Last edited:
Well, one of the good eggs started to ooze so I threw out all that where clear or where oozing. Down to one eggs. I really hope it hatches

I'm hoping on my one maybe egg & one definite (so far)
Luck for all of us!

I am hoping for 6! They are some very special turkens and I'm hoping to have hit on a particular recessive gene with them.. 50/50 chance each chick.

Oooh! Good luck! :D

Quick question. My incubator issues have been extraordinary this round. Should I be prepared for assisting hatchers? There are saddle air cells on the two that just went to lockdown tonight. I'm usually a meddler. The LG is stable at 99 F and 65% RH.

In lock down? 65 is a bit higher than I go. I only do 55 to 60%. For LF. Less Humidity for bantams, 55 for them.

In lock down?  65 is a bit higher than I go.  I only do 55 to 60%.   For LF.  Less Humidity for bantams, 55 for them.

I'll lower it a bit in the morning. It was at 50 without the sponge. 65 with it. I guess I'll cut the sponge in half. The lavender ameraucana egg has a living chick in it right now. It is wiggly. After all this... maybe...

I need advice. I have bantam/large fowl cross eggs set due at the end of the month. I am finding mixed info on lock down day and humidity. Should I lock down on day 17 a day early since the are bantam crosses? What should I shoot for as far as humidity? I've been running around 30% and my air cells look great. Temps have been about 100. No higher than 101 and no lower than 99. They were set 10-13.

Oh Sally! I love your SaLoon!! Yeah, I wish my family could bring you my avatar roo! Or any of my other birds!! Love how you cross dressed and blinged out that roo....
gig.gif

Here are my eggs...13 good d'Uccles, I replaced a couple that had blood rings very early on though. 3 out of 4 Seramas, and 6 of my little EE bantam eggs.
love.gif
a couple of them I added a few days later... So most should hatch on Halloween with a few stragglers hatching later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom