2015 New York Chickenstock

You and me both!

I've got a second batch in and it doesn't look like the C. Rocks are fertile. I've seen the rooster dancing with the girls.  I've got three in there.  The ee's and dels seem okay. Though some look like they quit. 

I've started marking which coop the came from.  

I'll have to rescind my offer of  a C. Rock rooster till I get some chicks out of these guys. 

The marans have got me worried too. I haven't seen any fertile eggs there either. 

I've been in contact with Jody about going to PA for Lavender Orps.  Do you still have yours?  

I have a hen and roo. The older hens i kept over a year and only got 2 eggs from them. We sent extra mouths to auction before winter fully hit.

How does an adult bird get shipped? Just wondering, thanks!

They are sent in special boxes that are approved for it, and sent via the post office. I always do express because I think it's too stressful on them to do priority, but you can send them priority too. Most times you include something with them that they can munch on on the way, like an orange, which provides food and some moisture for them.

We are excited to attend. Not sure what I will be bringing for food but will be bringing something sweet.

Want-Cream Crested Legbars, Speckeled Sussex and Swedish Flower. And one of those deep purple lilacs

-

I will be bringing hatching eggs-Lavender Orpington(HinkJC/Greenfire and BBS Englih orpington eggs. Lavenders are $30.00 a dozen BBS are $20.00

Last edited:
They are sent in special boxes that are approved for it, and sent via the post office. I always do express because I think it's too stressful on them to do priority, but you can send them priority too. Most times you include something with them that they can munch on on the way, like an orange, which provides food and some moisture for them.

Thank you. I bet that would just "thrill" my mailman. I'm guessing its line chicks though: you gave to pick them up at the P.O., right?

Thank you. I bet that would just "thrill" my mailman. I'm guessing its line chicks though: you gave to pick them up at the P.O., right?

Yep! Although, not even that is foolproof apparently. I waited all day once for a call to come get my chicks, on a Friday, when I was teaching at a high school all day about animals but warned everyone that if the call came I was taking off for a bit then coming back, and I get home after never getting a call and, lo and behold, they had actually delivered the chicks to my house, never called, and left them inside the door of an unheated three seasons room. All were fine, but I was not pleased.

With this guy, he just went to the wrong post office, which happens occasionally to me because my local one is really small, so I just drove 15 minutes one town over to get him. Although, and this is a bit funny, I asked to open his box because he was insured and that's what you're supposed to do, to have proof that they didn't make and have a post office person to vouch for it, and she flat out refused, said she heard him moving around, said you can open him in your car etc. It was like she was afraid he would burst out of the box and attack her or something.

Yep...

With this guy, he just went to the wrong post office, which happens occasionally to me because my local one is really small, so I just drove 15 minutes one town over to get him. Although, and this is a bit funny, I asked to open his box because he was insured and that's what you're supposed to do, to have proof that they didn't make and have a post office person to vouch for it, and she flat out refused, said she heard him moving around, said you can open him in your car etc. It was like she was afraid he would burst out of the box and attack her or something.

1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png
The postal worker had probably seen something on Discovery about chickens being related to velociraptors or something. ;-)

Chicken Blessed - I only have 2 lilacs of the deep purple to sell - as they are cuttings from an older variety on my place - I potted them in the spring ... so I just want to clarify so if you were talking about mine - I can lock you in .... one is already spoken for (Nutty gets that one). It is only $5.00 So let me know if it was mine you were talking abut :)

You it CB !
cool.png

Pyxis - can you please take lilacs off my Offer list ? THANKS !

These smell great!

Back
Top Bottom