2015 New York Chickenstock

I bought 2 large jugs of organic lemonade today from BJS to bring.

Will probably have a few organic pumpkin seedlings and organic red peppers available.

Im sorry . I think the Muskovies are all gone ..a predator got most of them yesterday ...and I didnt see any out today either .I dont understand why people dont secure up their animals ..Thank you for everyone that was interested in helping . we tried . Deborah

I have people from Facebook requesting chicks for chickenstock that don't belong to BYC so told them I would pass it along here they are looking for orpingtons, wyandottes, australorps, marans, polish, and silkies. If you guys have them you might want to bring them they should definitely sell as it looks like there is going to be over 200 people here between craigslist, Facebook, and the newspaper that this has been advertised in .

That is fantastic! Sounds like it's going to be a pretty busy day!
I'll also bring whatever extra chicks I have, in case, anyone is interested in them. I'm trying to decide if I should bring a table; besides a few extra pots of perennials, I wouldn't have much to put on it. I'll probably just make signs for the various groups/breed info to attach to their crates.
Could anyone use a table like this to use for the day? I have one that folds in half, so I think it should fit in the car!
hmm.png

I'll also bring a tablecloth, as it's been used for quite a few purposes and is no longer bright white!

Im sorry . I think the Muskovies are all gone ..a predator got most of them yesterday ...and I didnt see any out today either .I dont understand why people dont secure up their animals ..Thank you for everyone that was interested in helping . we tried . Deborah

That's too bad :( Muscovys are great ducks, but they don't seem to have much "sense" about predators .
If mine ever escaped from the fence & the neighbor's dog was out - I'm pretty sure they'd be quickly caught and killed.
Good news, though they finally started laying!! At least two of the ducks & surprisingly one of them is 3 years old.
I didn't know how long they continued to lay, but I've seen "Blackie" in the nesting box 3 days in a row, and later found her egg.

Hello. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

I have a few chicks that have not been spoken for. It's a long trip to bring chicks that do not definitely have homes, so I will probably leave them home if no known takers. Wondering if there's any interest.
2 Cemani cull pullets 4/6 hatch: $5 for the one w some white feathers on her face and $10 for the one w a couple white toes
5 gold spangle, 2 silver spangle & 1 chamois spitzhauben chicks (4/22 hatch) $8 ea straight run as I can't tell the boys fr the girls yet.
1 doz chamois spitzhauben eggs $20
1 potted horseradish plant best offer
Lavender bearded irises for whatever the going rate is (will pot up to order)

Who is collecting stuff for rancher? I have a few empty cat litter jugs for him. Do u have room for them?

Fingers crossed the weather holds for us. Yay! :)

Hello. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

I have a few chicks that have not been spoken for. It's a long trip to bring chicks that do not definitely have homes, so I will probably leave them home if no known takers. Wondering if there's any interest.
2 Cemani cull pullets 4/6 hatch: $5 for the one w some white feathers on her face and $10 for the one w a couple white toes
5 gold spangle, 2 silver spangle & 1 chamois spitzhauben chicks (4/22 hatch) $8 ea straight run as I can't tell the boys fr the girls yet.
1 doz chamois spitzhauben eggs $20
1 potted horseradish plant best offer
Lavender bearded irises for whatever the going rate is (will pot up to order)

Who is collecting stuff for rancher? I have a few empty cat litter jugs for him. Do u have room for them?

Fingers crossed the weather holds for us. Yay!
smile.png
I'm taking care of Ranchers things...So if anyone has anything for him come find me and I will take it with me...Yes I will have room. I have a mini van and I plan on bringing more chickens then I am taking home so I should have lots of room..

I would love one of the Iris! $3?

I asked someone else for an Iris plant or 3, but can't remember who it was?

Last edited:
Okay, I'm about to go back through and update all the lists, so bear with me. I've been slacking a bit since I've been sick, sorry! I'll edit this when I'm done to say I'm done, and if I missed anybody or anything, just pm me and I'll fix it.

Okay, done! Pretty sure I got everything, but if not let me know and I'll fix it!

Also, anyone want a nice olive egger chick that may be frizzle? It hatched with the NN frizzle chicks I was hatching but isn't naked neck, so it can go to a new home if anyone is interested. $5 and it is yours.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm about to go back through and update all the lists, so bear with me. I've been slacking a bit since I've been sick, sorry! I'll edit this when I'm done to say I'm done, and if I missed anybody or anything, just pm me and I'll fix it.

Okay, done! Pretty sure I got everything, but if not let me know and I'll fix it!

Also, anyone want a nice olive egger chick that may be frizzle? It hatched with the NN frizzle chicks I was hatching but isn't naked neck, so it can go to a new home if anyone is interested. $5 and it is yours.

When did it hatch, I may want it, just had 1 bantam Brahma hatch so I have a lone peep :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom