2015 New York Chickenstock

Poor rancher. You do need to come home and rest! I hope dw isn't overdoing it. You either.

Yet another silkie Hen has gone broody. Dh had to force her back into the coop to lock up. Guess I'll give her back some eggs and let her sit. I'm going to have babies this year I guess. They might as well do their job as I already have 5 in the brooder.

Going from hot and humid to cool and rainy is driving my body crazy but I'll take it. We need the rain. I just hope all the plants I got at chickenstock take hold in this rain.

Time to release the raptors. I hear loud whining coming from the coops!!!

Water everything in good early morning and in the evening. May take a week or so before everything gets re established. Good luck with your broody!

I think Chickenstock should rotate each year to give people who can't drive 4 hours to CNYa chance to attend.

My 2 cents. Even if its further for me to travel, it should travel around the state, not always in Central,NY. Also,  there could be one at each end of the state so its more convenient for those on the east & west.
so you will be open to hosting it?

I offered to host it this year, but Nutty insisted on having it so I passed.

Since I live in Central,NY it would defeat the purpose of me saying I think it should move around...

We offered to have it on our end of the state, before Nutty offered, and no one seemed willing to travel to us.

Rancher, thanks for putting the Practical Poultry in the auction. I'm taking the Ayam Cemani issue to work with me today to read during slow times.

I offered to host it this year, but Nutty insisted on having it so I passed.

Since I live in Central,NY it would defeat the purpose of me saying I think it should move around...
central would seem wise to me. Since it would help in not having to drive across the entire state. I've driven to both ends and PA for chicks but I didn't mind. I'm a go getter. If I want a specific breed I will go and get it. Ha,has.now if I were to plan a two day affair with an overnight then I'd have no problem going far.

Adding my 2 cents worth - if Nutty is nutty enough (
tongue.png
) to want to host Chickenstock, I would say 'go for it'. It is a central location, lots of room and a gracious family to host it. My only suggestion for improving it would be to have a schedule for demos' etc. Time ran away from me so I didn't do the bee keeping thing. So - if there was a scheduled time, people could plan accordingly. If the event ends up becoming 2x year, perhaps one of the events could be a 'moveable feast'?? Food for thought,

Back
Top Bottom