2015 New York Chickenstock

Well now I don't know about that. Some of us are insane and not afraid to admit it.
gig.gif
I'm only here because I saw my doctor and I swear he said "Take two chicks and call me in the morning".

Image110.jpg

Witch doctor did u see??
tongue.png

DW has been sewing. Though not any aprons as yet. I do have one order though. I'd intended them for the auction so Nutty can hopefully make more money if she rents a port a potty.

Is there a designated thread for Sept. ?

What sorts of things are folks most likely to want for the auction. Considering the poor review last time I'm a little leery of bringing anything.

I dont think Nutty has posted a new thread yet or been on in a while
I PMed her

Last edited:
I don't think the September one is going to have as big a turn out as the May one. I know a lot of people like myself can only really do one a year. Well, I guess there may a good turn out from local people not from the thread going, but I mean not as good a turn out from the thread. And I know a lot of people also aren't going because they aren't happy about how it is being handled. It also doesn't have its own thread, so I doubt there's going to be a lot of preselling and such either.

Perhaps folks could come and show their support for our friend and buy a burger or two. Bring something for the auction.

I couldn't send chicks because I couldn't ask my daughter to take care of so many. I did send some up to Nutty after her dog attack.

I have got broodies galore. I'm hoping they'll hatch out marans and delawares.

We don't have a lot of money, but there might be something I or DW would like. I'd like some Ducks but am leary since my back is giving me heck. My leg has been hurting alot and doc says it's my back but no fix. I'd have to build a coop and then there is the cost of feed and care. I just don't have it in me.

So mostly what we'd need is berry plants. I can't buy feed since it's to much to carry in our car.

Too perhaps it's this economy has folks worried. I sold 10 dozen eggs for less than the store sells them.

DW has been sewing alot with her new machine. Dresses for the granddaughters.

Who here wants to deal with chicks in September? I could hatch but where would I put the chicks till September? Too all I have are Dels, EE's and C. Rocks. Marans don't hatch well for me.

Some one want to float me some eggs? You can have and must take any chicks that hatch though.

If you want some eggs to hatch I could give you some duck eggs to hatch for me? I could do some chicken eggs too?
I've never done duck eggs in the inc. I did have them hatch under a broody though. (had a friend sneak some in with her chicken eggs. She thought it was very funny)

If they're your eggs and you sign a waiver to take all chicks I will do my best for you. My incu is missing one line in the turner if that makes a dif on how many you want me to do.

Let me know if and when you want me to set them.

Rancher, just kidding about the waiver, Hicks

ps. had another chick hatch so Uno is not alone. Had to hold Uno last evening as she/he was crying. I was so annoyed.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancher hicks

Some one want to float me some eggs? You can have and must take any chicks that hatch though

Hey Rancher, I can float you some EE eggs to hatch and I would gladly take them back !

Let me know what you think !

I've never done duck eggs in the inc. I did have them hatch under a broody though. (had a friend sneak some in with her chicken eggs. She thought it was very funny)

If they're your eggs and you sign a waiver to take all chicks I will do my best for you. My incu is missing one line in the turner if that makes a dif on how many you want me to do.

Let me know if and when you want me to set them.

Rancher, just kidding about the waiver, Hicks

ps. had another chick hatch so Uno is not alone. Had to hold Uno last evening as she/he was crying. I was so annoyed.
gig.gif
If you want to put them under a broody that would be cool..or if you are running the incubator and want to add them in that would be cool too. You don't need to do a hatch just for me, but if you wanted to that would be cool. I'm sure people on my waiting list would love it. I would absolutely take everything that hatched. I have no problem signing a waiver.
wink.png
The only thing that is different from hatching chicken eggs, at least for me, is that they take 28 days and I spritz them with water a few times a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancher hicks

Some one want to float me some eggs? You can have and must take any chicks that hatch though

Hey Rancher, I can float you some EE eggs to hatch and I would gladly take them back !

Let me know what you think !
I have EE eggs already. Some olive eggers too.

If you want to put them under a broody that would be cool..or if you are running the incubator and want to add them in that would be cool too. You don't need to do a hatch just for me, but if you wanted to that would be cool. I'm sure people on my waiting list would love it. I would absolutely take everything that hatched. I have no problem signing a waiver.
wink.png
The only thing that is different from hatching chicken eggs, at least for me, is that they take 28 days and I spritz them with water a few times a day.

I believe I have another broody. A C. Rock.
barnie.gif

I could try.

Back
Top Bottom