2017 Gosling Hatch a long!!

Pics
We have our second surprise gosling of the year. Last week, I heard a commotion in the back of my barn. I discovered my African group chasing a solo Canada gosling around. The little one could not have been more than 2-3 days old. I scooped it up and looked for its parents, who were nowhere to be found. So, I offered the baby to one of my broodies who was starting to realize her eggs would not hatch. My goose (and her mate) were thrilled to adopt the baby.
WP_20170516_004[1].jpg

Previous post is of Wilbur. He was the only one that hatched, and I'm on a waiting list for a female gosling that I'll have to drive about 2.5 hours to pick up. Which is not bad considering how difficult it is to locate Cotton Patch geese.

May I join?
I'm late to the party! Just set 6 sebs this morning.

I've never spritzed my goose eggs before, does it make a difference? Should I try that with this set of eggs?

Congrats on the cute gosling. If he is all alone and having trouble, you may consider picking up a couple of day old ducklings to brood with him until you can get another gosling.

Welcome to the thread and definitely not too late. Plenty of geese are still laying and just now going broody at my place. I find it helpful to spritz eggs during latter part of incubation, if only to mimic a broody goose's cycle.

Hi can I join too? I've been lurking on this site for far too long!
I've 7 Embden eggs in the incubator on day 5, so I start misting and cooking tomorrow as per the advice on Pete55's AWESOME guide. That things been my Bible!
This is my first time hatching geese so Im going to need all the help I can get I think!
I've already got one egg to worry about, with an air cell on the side and the yolk looks kind of loose? I guess i leave it a while and candle again at 7 days or so shall I?
I'm so looking forward to hatching along with others tho!

Back
Top Bottom