2017 Gosling Hatch a long!!

Pics
Aww how adorable.. Congrats @Pyxis

Hatched late last night
love.gif

Yikes, I've got an early bird! The second incubator with pilgrim goose eggs wasn't due to start hatching until Friday, but I see external pipping on one egg tonight! Guess instead of going to bed, I'm headed out to the garage to get the second brooder ready.

I am worried about this little guy. He's coming into the world from a set of shipped eggs that were mishandled by the post office and all had damaged air cells. Hope he makes it out OK!

Well i waited it out ive got a second one coming thats a total of seven goslings this year out of the incubator

Glad number seven made it out OK!

I started chipping away a little bit of the shell from my one that pipped last night, but I think I intervened too early. I saw a little bit of blood so I stopped. Now the gosling's bill is sticking out of the shell, but it's not really making much effort to do anything other than sit there and complain.
1f62c.png

Last edited:

Is your goose nesting in a wood pile? Doesn't that just make gathering eggs awful if you have to? lol

I ask because I have three girls (no gander for them) who have taken to nesting in our brush pile to avoid our egg-stealing. They just don't understand babies aren't going to come out...They actually have to be moved to a special pen now during breeding season.

Back
Top Bottom