2017 Gosling Hatch a long!!

Pics
Well my gosling didn't hatch.
sad.png
sad.png
So sorry

UPDATE... IM SO EXCITED, ALL 4 ARE TRYING TO BREAK FREE!!!! Unfortunately 1 started on the side of the egg. Do I leave it alone or does it need a hole to breath and if so where and how would I do it? I'm stressing so bad I'm about to duck take 2 boys together and throw them in a closet! That was a joke, I have a warped sense of humor and I'm worse at funerals. It sucks sometimes but that's how I deal with stress.
1f62f.png

I'm sorry to those who did not have goslings hatch. Many of us have suffered hard loss and/or disappointment, but the great thing is that we can always set more eggs in our bators until we hatch as many as we want.

Congrats to those with newly hatched goslings!

And the little one is out, wobbling around and pecking at an egg that hasn't done a thing since last night. Do I try to take off a ting bit of shell or should I wait? The one who had made the most progress in the beginning isn't even halfway out yet. Should I help the little thing? It sounds a bit weak today and it looks like the membrane is coming away from shell. I am starting to freak out a bit! Oh yes, how long do I leave the first one out inside incubator? Poor thing is still wet, I might have humidity too high, it's 84

And the little one is out, wobbling around and pecking at an egg that hasn't done a thing since last night. Do I try to take off a ting bit of shell or should I wait? The one who had made the most progress in the beginning isn't even halfway out yet. Should I help the little thing? It sounds a bit weak today and it looks like the membrane is coming away from shell. I am starting to freak out a bit! Oh yes, how long do I leave the first one out inside incubator? Poor thing is still wet, I might have humidity too high, it's 84
Has the one internally pipped if so I think your safe in making the air hole like in Petes thread, have you read it? Important you do. As for the one still working on getting out of the shell is it's head out so it can get good oxygen? Sounds like you humidity is way too high also. Again i ask you to refer to Petes thread since I don't use bators..

Congrats on the one little it may not dry and fluff up though with your humidity that high which they are suppose to do before taking them out of the bator. Do you have a real nice warm brooder going?

@Pyxis We need help.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed

Last edited:
Has the one internally pipped if so I think your safe in making the air hole like in Petes thread, have you read it? Important you do.  As for the one still working on getting out of the shell is it's head out so it can get good oxygen?  Sounds like you humidity is way too high also. Again i ask you to refer to Petes thread since I don't use bators..

Congrats on the one little it may not dry and fluff up though with your humidity that high which they are suppose to do before taking them out of the bator.  Do you have a real nice warm brooder going? 

@Pyxis
   We need help. 
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed

The one definitely can breathe...it's just not making much progress, especially compared to this one and it looks like the membrane is tightening so I might put warm water inside for moisture first, it helped a little last night. The other I'm thinking I will make a little hole. Thank you for the link and I'll check it out, I'm thinking It's the one I read before I started but once I get stressed I remember nothing...oh humidity is 80, not sure why I put 84, could have been all the talking before boys leaving for school bus. It's usually crazy in the morning.

That is precious.  I am sure alot of excitement going on there. 

80 still seems too high.
I try to lower the temperature about 0.5C and increase the humidity to 65-75% (lockdown). from Petes guide.

I sprayed a stream of warm water around the baby and within under one minute it popped out! The other is making noise after I peeled a tiny puece of shell off. I think we are doing good so far!! Pics after little one is dried completely and comfy with sibling. The 2nd one has dark feathers so....

Back
Top Bottom