2017 Gosling Hatch a long!!

Pics
Of course he is first born and a ladies man. He looked exactly like Brad Pitt when he was about 16 and girls would drop to his feet. Little did they know he hated any girl who told him they loved him because he looked like Brad Pitt. This is my son before he decided he liked tattoos, now people are afraid of him, which is really funny because kids and animals LOVE him.
I will lay down a blanket so the little webbies can run screaming because they freak out when they cannot see you, hopefully the video turns out. LOL
Oh my I can see where the girls would love him.

I am a first born and can usually spot the m a mile away.
wink.png

I forgot this little bit of info...it looks like the egg has 2 air pockets. The egg is so full it is hard to see anything but as far as I can tell no pipping and the baby isn't very active at all. Do they stop moving before they start pipping, kind of like babies stop moving before you go into labor?
Oh wow not sure how that is going to turn out maybe @Pyxis is on and can give some suggestions. Poor baby hope it makes it. The egg can get so full of gosling they really can't move alot but they do position themselves properly for internal pipping most do anyway.

Last edited:
Oh my I can see where the girls would love him. 

I am a first born and can usually spot the m a mile away.  ;)

Same here, definitely has its pros and cons. As soon as I was allowed to do something my sister was too, so not fair! The funny thing is I can still raise my hand and all siblings will flinch. BWAHAHA Yes, I know. I'm bad!

Oh wow not sure how that is going to turn out maybe @Pyxis
is on and can   give some suggestions.  Poor baby hope it makes it. The egg can get so full of gosling they really can't move alot but they do position themselves properly for internal pipping most do anyway.

I'm tempted to poke a tiny hole and maybe perl off a tad bit of shell but I'm afraid I could hurt the little thing but then I'm afraid if I don't do something it could die.

I have never had geese, I have been incubating & raising Welsh Harlequin ducks for a few years now. I have been wanting Pilgrim Geese for three years now. I finally went for it and bought some Pilgrim Goose eggs and have 8 in my incubator right now. Crossing fingers that I do this all right and end up with some goslings! They have only been in the incubator 4 days, I can't wait until I candle to see if any are developing. I have heard the breed has low fertility.

I have never had geese, I have been incubating & raising Welsh Harlequin ducks for a few years now. I have been wanting Pilgrim Geese for three years now.  I finally went for it and  bought some Pilgrim Goose eggs and have 8 in my incubator right now. Crossing fingers that I do this all right and end up with some goslings!  They have only been in the incubator 4 days, I can't wait until I candle to see if any are developing.  I have heard the breed has low fertility.

Don't throw out any eggs until after day 10 just to be safe. I had a few I didn't think were fertilized on day 8 but by day 10 I could see they were. Geese are slow!

UPDATE: I decided to candle the egg and couldn't find sny movement. I poked a hole and couldnt hear anything so I started removing the shell. I'm guessing the poor thing died last night or this morning. It was all yellow like the first one. SNIFFLE The other 3 are doing great and their names are Pippy, Scooter and Pokey aka Wimpleton (my son named him that).

UPDATE: I decided to candle the egg and couldn't find sny movement. I poked a hole and couldnt hear anything so I started removing the shell. I'm guessing the poor thing died last night or this morning. It was all yellow like the first one. SNIFFLE The other 3 are doing great and their names are Pippy, Scooter and Pokey aka Wimpleton (my son named him that).
Aww I am sorry you lost the lil one. But I am happy for you that you have 3 healthy babies.

I have never had geese, I have been incubating & raising Welsh Harlequin ducks for a few years now. I have been wanting Pilgrim Geese for three years now.  I finally went for it and  bought some Pilgrim Goose eggs and have 8 in my incubator right now. Crossing fingers that I do this all right and end up with some goslings!  They have only been in the incubator 4 days, I can't wait until I candle to see if any are developing.  I have heard the breed has low fertility.

Congrats! I hope you have a great hatch!

So sorry you lost it :( From what you were describing it did likely die last night sometime. But congrats on your other happy, healthy babies :)

Back
Top Bottom