2017 Gosling Hatch a long!!

Pics
You know, not to besmirch anyone, but I think the woman you are buying eggs from (on eBay, correct?) I also got eggs from two years ago, and none of them hatched for me either. So of them started, but none made it to hatch. So it might not be you. Or we both just had really bad luck with the same seller. I ended up doing two batches and then stopped.

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with the lady who sold me eggs, she's sending 6 more out to me today (I had to pay for them but oh well) of these hatch it will be the most expensive geese ever.

She said my humidity at the end was most likely too high and I drowned him, so now I feel awful.

We are going to do a dry run this batch and cross our fingers.
Having followed you all the way through both these failed hatches, and discussed humidities and temperatures and turning schedules and all the rest in detail, personally I don't agree that you drowned them. That's my opinion anyway. :old

You've done your absolute best for these babies right down to buying car adapters and new incubators! So please don't blame yourself. :hugs

However as you've bought yet more eggs, I'm happy to come along for one more hatching ride with you :p:lol:

You know, not to besmirch anyone, but I think the woman you are buying eggs from (on eBay, correct?) I also got eggs from last year, and none of them hatched for me either. So of them started, but none made it to hatch. So it might not be you. Or we both just had really bad luck with the same seller. I ended up doing two batches and then stopped.

Now I'm curious because this will be the third run, and we are now sitting at $600 down the tubes essentially?

May I pm you? Or can you pm me the name?

Now I'm curious because this will be the third run, and we are now sitting at $600 down the tubes essentially?

May I pm you? Or can you pm me the name?

Sure, you can pm me :) But I think if it's the person I'm thinking of we both didn't manage to hatch anything from those eggs.

Having followed you all the way through both these failed hatches, and discussed humidities and temperatures and turning schedules and all the rest in detail, personally I don't agree that you drowned them. That's my opinion anyway. :old

You've done your absolute best for these babies right down to buying car adapters and new incubators! So please don't blame yourself. :hugs

However as you've bought yet more eggs, I'm happy to come along for one more hatching ride with you :p:lol:

We shall see what happens. Hopefully this batch goes better than the rest :)

Sure, you can pm me :) But I think if it's the person I'm thinking of we both didn't manage to hatch anything from those eggs.
If it is the same person is there no way of warning people at all on BYC? I realise it's a tricky area legally but it seems ridiculous that people can just rip people off again and again...:barnie

If it is the same person is there no way of warning people at all on BYC? I realise it's a tricky area legally but it seems ridiculous that people can just rip people off again and again...:barnie

The trouble is, they don't send infertile eggs. The eggs develop and then don't hatch. They said they would send fertile eggs, and they did.

Could be shipping issues, maybe the seller's local hub is too hard on the eggs. Or maybe just the two of us have really bad luck, maybe others do hatch them. Unfortunately I don't think there's much that could be done.

The trouble is, they don't send infertile eggs. The eggs develop and then don't hatch. They said they would send fertile eggs, and they did.

Could be shipping issues, maybe the seller's local hub is too hard on the eggs. Or maybe just the two of us have really bad luck, maybe others do hatch them. Unfortunately I don't think there's much that could be done.
Oh I see. Though it's frustrating I suppose that makes sense.

I'm hoping that it's just a really bad luck thing.

Fingers crossed that this batch is different.

The feedback on eBay is good, and the eggs have been packaged really well too :/

I'd hate to accuse anyone either way, shipped eggs all have their risks.

Back
Top Bottom