2017 Gosling Hatch a long!!

Pics
E
I found some mottled orpingtons from a guy out in Michigan. I've got 8 coming via express mail tomorrow and then another 10-12 next week.

Should have just went this route to begin with.
Well I'm glad you haven't given up. I've had some DISASTROUS hatches but at some point you have to give it another go.
Good luck with this next batch!:fl

In my first year of hatching, I bought many duck and goose eggs over the internet, and wiped out quite a few batches that year due to beginner mistakes. Assuming you do not have a cabinet or brinsea bator, it takes a bit of practice and making those common mistakes to develop hatching skills. Ironically, for most people I have found that by the time one develops really solid skills, one either has too many birds to hatch more, or the trendiness of owning birds has passed.

As for the shipped chicks, they should be fine. However, if they are not, does this seller have a replace/refund policy?

They should be okay. Were these day olds or older?
They were two day olds.

The post office here is tracking them and is going to intercept them at the next hub and bring directly to the post office for me.

Hopefully tonight.

There is no refunds but we stocked up on electrolytes (and the seller gave electrolytes before he shipped them last night as well)

In my first year of hatching, I bought many duck and goose eggs over the internet, and wiped out quite a few batches that year due to beginner mistakes. Assuming you do not have a cabinet or brinsea bator, it takes a bit of practice and making those common mistakes to develop hatching skills. Ironically, for most people I have found that by the time one develops really solid skills, one either has too many birds to hatch more, or the trendiness of owning birds has passed.

As for the shipped chicks, they should be fine. However, if they are not, does this seller have a replace/refund policy?

I do use brinsea for the most part. Their Octo and their mini advance. I did use a cabinet the last time we were here.

I've never had problems with shipped eggs up until now.

Hopefully our run of bad luck is over.

Back
Top Bottom