2017 Groundhog Day Hatch-a-long!

lol well see what happened was i got a little bit over excited and have an incubator full that is due by feb 13 i may or may not have just jumped right off the deep end when i got my incubators lol

It happens to all of us when we get our incubators. Once we get through the first time, we can do it again and again lol

Cool! Are your eggs jumping everywhere like mine are right now?
This is the incubator I am using and I love it, of course it is my first time incubating so I do not have much to compare to, but it has stayed stable, and out of 26 eggs, 25 have developed, we will see how many actually hatch....:fl
http://incubatorwarehouse.com/incuview-egg-incubator.html
Are you going to incubate your Ayam Cemanis??

I had 2 eggs pip today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got any ideas as to why they are 2 days early?

They are filling the kitchen with the sweetest peeps! I hope they actually hatch soon!

They're mostly still, getting ready to hatch.... There's drawdown in one, rest don't look ready yet.

It happens to all of us when we get our incubators. Once we get through the first time, we can do it again and again lol
im happy to know im not alone lol my hubby is just as amazed as i am by the hactching process! I just wish this duck would hurry up and make some sound or something ive been patiently waiting for hatch day now its here and nothing lol i know ive got to grow thick skin for hatching but i just wanna cry when i think about it not hatching tomorrow is day 30 so we shall see :(

im happy to know im not alone lol my hubby is just as amazed as i am by the hactching process! I just wish this duck would hurry up and make some sound or something ive been patiently waiting for hatch day now its here and nothing lol i know ive got to grow thick skin for hatching but i just wanna cry when i think about it not hatching tomorrow is day 30 so we shall see :(

It's not muscovy is it? They take 32 days to hatch. Obeisance, maybe your temps were a little low, that would delay hatch. Good luck!

It's not muscovy is it? They take 32 days to hatch. Obeisance, maybe your temps were a little low, that would delay hatch. Good luck!
no its a pekin duck possibly cayuga/pekin mix idk if that makes a difference it was bouncing around like crazy up until lock down i candled it yesterday to check for drop down of the air cell an didnt see any difference in the level of the air but i noticed it had a yellow spot in it and i did a tap test an candled again real quick and still didn't seen any movement or change in the air cell except the yellow sopt had gotten bigger

Sounds like me! I had 3 eggs in my incubator due last Fri... One hatched out Sat. And now it's tues... And I still won't admit they're goners... I left them in the bator until today and I'm so scared to open them, thinking, what if they're still alive!? I moved them to the brooder under the heat lamp so I could pack up my cheap imposter incubator that I'm returning!

Lockdown tonight at bedtime for my other batch of eggs! Yay...!

Sounds like me! I had 3 eggs in my incubator due last Fri... One hatched out Sat. And now it's tues... And I still won't admit they're goners... I left them in the bator until today and I'm so scared to open them, thinking, what if they're still alive!? I moved them to the brooder under the heat lamp so I could pack up my cheap imposter incubator that I'm returning!

Lockdown tonight at bedtime for my other batch of eggs! Yay...!
good luck to you! May all your eggs hatch :) that is my biggest fear takinh an egg out an it still being alive oh u would just die lol so i get my hubby to do it this duck egg was part of my first ever hatching experience my chicks that hatched the 24th done pretty well i did have to help 2 of them and i was a netvous wreck but they both made it and had no bleeding what do ever and i lost 3 2 of which i still feel like i should of helped and one of them never pipped its a learning process for sure lol

no its a pekin duck possibly cayuga/pekin mix idk if that makes a difference it was bouncing around like crazy up until lock down i candled it yesterday to check for drop down of the air cell an didnt see any difference in the level of the air but i noticed it had a yellow spot in it and i did a tap test an candled again real quick and still didn't seen any movement or change in the air cell except the yellow sopt had gotten bigger
is there only one?

Back
Top Bottom