2017 Groundhog Day Hatch-a-long!

my hatch failed! most were dead from day 8, but one had piped internally but was not ready to come out of the egg.(I did eggtopsy on them all.
hit.gif
Oh, I am so sorry!!

Hello, I didn't have the best hatch recently. All 20 of my chicken eggs were developing just fine but on hatch day only 9 hatched. After the hatch ended I candled the other eggs and they didn't even have an internal pip. I believe that the air sacs were great, if anything a tiny bit too big. The only thing bad about the hatch was that it was just over 12 hours late. Any Ideas on what could have happened??? This happened to me lots last year also.

I also had to lower the humidity on day 15 to regulate the egg sac size.
there are many reasons, could be breeder nutrition, age of eggs, age of hens, etc, etc
shipped eggs?

god luck with your next set!!!

my hatch failed! most were dead from day 8, but one had piped internally but was not ready to come out of the egg.(I did eggtopsy on them all.
hit.gif

so sorry!!

CONGRATS to everyone who one a contest!!!

Thank you @RodNTN & @CuzChickens for running this HAL!
highfive.gif

Thank you to all those who donated!!
yesss.gif

CONGRATS on all the hatches
highfive.gif
, and hugs to those who had some issues.
hugs.gif

Remember, we are always hatching, HELPING, and making new friends with chatting in the EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING Thread! All are welcome, no need to read the thread pop on and off as you can, ask questions at any time! if you would like help from me, just tag me and I will try to help you as well.

Here are our notes Compiled from the Incubation w/friends thread as well as the Educational Thread! NOT just incubation, great health info, breeding, processing, you name it we covered it!!!

Bookmark it NOTES LINKS & Informational POST LINKS

They weren't shipped but it is the first year for the hens could that possibly be it???
Yes, i have read that late deaths can be caused by pullet eggs, i cant remember where i read it
he.gif

i will try to remember

@BantyChooks do you remember i think it was WV, mini or Rav that posted it

Back
Top Bottom