** 2017 New Drug Law - What Are Your Plans? **

Oh oh. See LG. See Lg be silly! Run, LG, run!

Quote: That would be Blooie, the birthday girl, and the lovely Kendra.

Run, Blooie, Run. Run as fast as you can. You can not catch me. I'm the Lazy Gardener. See Blooie stop. See Blooie look. See Blooie do a happy dance. See Blooie try. See Blooie try very hard. See Blooie. Is she sad? No. Blooie is not sad. She has a cake. She has candles. She has many candles. She can not count them all. But she can not blow out all those candles. See Kendra and Lazy Gardener and Lisa help her. See Blooie and Kendra and Lisa and Lazy Gardener blow out the candles. See Blooie smile.
ya.gif

Last edited:
I do have one question, back to the drug pulling topic. I read somewhere on here and can't find it now where one of the things on the list is the vitamin supplements for poultry. Is that true? Is there a list somewhere? I use just the Poly-Vi-Sorb for infants (without iron) found in the baby departments, so I don't use any specialty vitamin products and have only used that one twice on two different occasions so it's not of earthshaking consequence to me or mine, but I'm curious.

I do have one question, back to the drug pulling topic.  I read somewhere on here and can't find it now where one of the things on the list is the vitamin supplements for poultry.  Is that true?  Is there a list somewhere?  I use just the Poly-Vi-Sorb for infants (without iron) found in the baby departments, so I don't use any specialty vitamin products and have only used that one twice on two different occasions so it's not of earthshaking consequence to me or mine, but I'm curious.

Only products containing antibiotics, feed with antibiotics, antibiotics meant to be mixed in feed, and water soluble antibiotics.

-Kathy

Blooie, to my knowledge, it only affects antibiotics. There was a recent discussion re: whether this included Amprolium. It seemed that even though Amprolium is not listed as an antibiotic, one over zealous TSC store, and perhaps others in that region did pull medicated chick starter. Things like Nutri-Drench and other vitamin based products should not be affected. I'm wondering if Corid is on the "pull" list.

I applaud the decision to reign in the use of antibiotics. I have been an Infection Control Nurse for 4 years now and I see the problems being created by the big ag and the healthcare community relating to overuse of antibiotics. I work daily trying to educated people regarding using less antibiotics. Over half of the antibiotics in America go to agriculture and this is an important step in the right direction in fighting antibiotic resistance. I think big corporate farms have substituted antibiotics for husbandry and I think it has lead to low grade meat production and increased the amount of resistance. Believe me, I feel the healthcare community is as much to blame as well for the antibiotic resistance. Some of the products of the big egg/meat companies is the reason why I raise my own eggs and meat. In addition, I am glad to see more and more people going this route.

I applaud the decision to reign in the use of antibiotics. I have been an Infection Control Nurse for 4 years now and I see the problems being created by the big ag and the healthcare community relating to overuse of antibiotics. I work daily trying to educated people regarding using less antibiotics. Over half of the antibiotics in America go to agriculture and this is an important step in the right direction in fighting antibiotic resistance. I think big corporate farms have substituted antibiotics for husbandry and I think it has lead to low grade meat production and increased the amount of resistance. Believe me, I feel the healthcare community is as much to blame as well for the antibiotic resistance. Some of the products of the big egg/meat companies is the reason why I raise my own eggs and meat. In addition, I am glad to see more and more people going this route.
well stated.

Back
Top Bottom