2018 Newbie Chat!

Pics
They did come from Meyer, and there is a faverolle,dominique,buff brahma and a speckled sussex in there. The faverolle shipped just fine as strong as the rest. Everybody was thirsty, hungry and ready to be out of that box. They've all pooped quite a few times too.:)
So cute!
Faverolle are really cute chicks with their fuzzy cheeks :love
I’m getting Speckled Sussex too but I think they come in next weeks shipment.
I’m excited to see your Dominique grow up. I’ve had some interest in them too.
I’ve heard Brahmas develope at a slower rate but sometimes that’s a good thing.
What a great group.

They're here!! I went down and rescued them early( I'm the postmaster, open at 8am)
IMG_20180711_064341.jpg

IMG_20180711_070140.jpg

The marans are banded, so those were easy, the white Cochin and faverolles were easy to spot, the others....no idea! I got 5 of the rare breed mix for fun. I'll get better pics after work and see if anyone has any guesses. Fun times!

Yesterday, I found two eggs in the run and only three in my nesting boxes. I’ve had it with unhappy laying hens. So I got DH to start building me an exterior nesting box(if your keeping count this is the third nest box I’ve got DH to build) We cut it up to size and now we just have to install and paint. Hoping to have it up and running by Saturday. I’ll post pictures once it’s in!
I think my broody EE is finally broken. This morning I got up and got her some fermented feed. She’s been ignoring food and water and yesterday she only pooped once, it was dang near the size of an egg at that. Well today she ate it like it was going out of style. I’m going to try putting her back out when I free range later wish me luck.

@ChooksNQuilts so cute! I wonder if your Australorp batches will be as different as mine were. I have one who is sweet as can be, the other I’ve threatened freezer camp with.
:gig
What hatchery did yours come from?
I have a hard time with birds that act aggressive.
I don’t want it in my flock.
That’s why I’m rehoming my Wyandottes.
They’re all aggressive about food. With each other and my teenagers.
My sex link is okay.

One of the chicks had grabbed another chick and was pulling and dragged it.
I intervened and the one chick still wouldn’t let go!
I had to force it to let go.
This only happened once though so hopefully there won’t be anymore of that :fl
I think the aggressor was a PR chick but it could’ve been the SPR. The victim was a PR. One of them is very tiny!
AC66A565-071A-4512-9A60-B1EA8693FBA8.jpeg

The SPR is the one in the photo below at the top right next to the drinker.
39711D5B-5EFE-4C90-9C8B-28D1860B9DF2.jpeg

neither Australorp is aggressive, the one I threaten with freezer camp is skiddish beyond all belief, she tears up my hands when I try to handle her when I look her over monthly. My gentle docile Australorp came from MyPetChicken. The second from the feed store I work at. I think they got them from either Meyer or Murray McMurray.

Back
Top Bottom