2018 NY Chickenstock

Im sorry guys we wont be able to make it. We just had a family emergency as we were getting ready to leave.
Let me know who wins the raffle prize so I can get them there membership on Jun 1st.

Yes it was awesome to chat with other bout our love for chickens and other great stories also!!! Thanks for the chicks there all getting along great all snuggled up together for the night!

Also who brought the ginger wine? cause its pretty good :D was just wondering if they made it or someone else did?

Thanks again everyone that came!! it was fun!

I was nice chatting with fellow poultry lovers on such a gorgeous day! I'm excited to see what hatches from the raffle eggs! I didn't expect to win them all, but it was a pleasant surprise!
:love
The Spitz pullets and chicks I brought are settling in after their long ride home.
The dogs slept almost all the way home, except for when I stopped. I found a great little Mennonite greenhouse with great prices, plus had a sale on delphiniums and foxgloves. So it was a great day all around!

Attachments

• IMG_5058.JPG
    IMG_5058.JPG
    548.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5090.JPG
    IMG_5090.JPG
    420.9 KB · Views: 8
Yes it was awesome to chat with other bout our love for chickens and other great stories also!!! Thanks for the chicks there all getting along great all snuggled up together for the night!

Also who brought the ginger wine? cause its pretty good :D was just wondering if they made it or someone else did?

Thanks again everyone that came!! it was fun!
PhoredaBurds brought the Ginger wine, I believe her husband made it :)
Thank you all for coming! We had a great time..already looking forward to next year - at Luvs' place??

PhoredaBurds brought the Ginger wine, I believe her husband made it :)
Thank you all for coming! We had a great time..already looking forward to next year - at Luvs' place??
Thank you for hosting this year. It is so beautiful out at your place. When you are ready for ducks let me know. ;)We had a great time. The husband hasn't said anything about the chicks that I brought home. I reminded him that I didn't bring home an emu so it should be all good. :idunnoI think he is more concerned about the 8 baby rabbits that were born that morning. I guess that worked in my favor.

I volunteered to have it at my house next year. I live a little south east of Syracuse... Unless someone else has their hearts set on hosting?

I was nice chatting with fellow poultry lovers on such a gorgeous day! I'm excited to see what hatches from the raffle eggs! I didn't expect to win them all, but it was a pleasant surprise!
:love
The Spitz pullets and chicks I brought are settling in after their long ride home.
The dogs slept almost all the way home, except for when I stopped. I found a great little Mennonite greenhouse with great prices, plus had a sale on delphiniums and foxgloves. So it was a great day all around!

The hatching eggs are from my colorful egg coop. I have BCM, Legbar, Welsummer, Olive egger and 2 frizzle tolbunt polish hens in with a BCM and Legbar roo. You should hatch some interesting egg layers.

i cant wait to get the 6 pack in the bator that we got, right now we have 13 out of our 30 hatched so far one more pipped and another that seems to be struggling with a super hard shell that we are assisting with.
Sounds like your hatch is going well! :jumpy
I hope you get a nice variety from my eggs and not too many roosters. I usually donate one dozen for the raffle, but between the hens not cooperating and eating egg customers, I had a short supply.

The hatching eggs are from my colorful egg coop. I have BCM, Legbar, Welsummer, Olive egger and 2 frizzle tolbunt polish hens in with a BCM and Legbar roo. You should hatch some interesting egg layers.
Sounds like a fun variety and the only ones I already have are at trio of Legbars and 1 Olive Egger. So, I'm excited to see what hatches! :wee
And the chicks from the frizzle tolbunt polish should be interesting, especially if the Legbar is the "papa"! :love

----------
We spent most of today in the garden & I'd say 2/3 of it is planted! :yesss:

Oh and wanted to say that in 2015 I had gotten Strawberry plants at Chickenstock from someone - forgot who. Well, I didn't start out with too many plants, but they are now around a big bed (2 5' beds + in the walkway between; can't remember the length of the beds). And they're blossoming already, so hoping for a big strawberry harvest this year! :drool

Sounds like your hatch is going well! :jumpy
I hope you get a nice variety from my eggs and not too many roosters. I usually donate one dozen for the raffle, but between the hens not cooperating and eating egg customers, I had a short supply.

Sounds like a fun variety and the only ones I already have are at trio of Legbars and 1 Olive Egger. So, I'm excited to see what hatches! :wee
And the chicks from the frizzle tolbunt polish should be interesting, especially if the Legbar is the "papa"! :love

----------
We spent most of today in the garden & I'd say 2/3 of it is planted! :yesss:

Oh and wanted to say that in 2015 I had gotten Strawberry plants at Chickenstock from someone - forgot who. Well, I didn't start out with too many plants, but they are now around a big bed (2 5' beds + in the walkway between; can't remember the length of the beds). And they're blossoming already, so hoping for a big strawberry harvest this year! :drool
I think you got the strawbs from me - they do get prolific! :)

Back
Top Bottom