2018 NY Chickenstock

I think you got the strawbs from me - they do get prolific! :)

Yes I think so. Now I remember - it was in Ava, NY - when it was a public event. I got iris, strawberries, comfrey (that's huge too ) from a you and someone else. That's the first time I went to a Chickenstock. We'd just moved the previous November & I wanted to add to my garden.
Last year we got a pretty good harvest and it's now double the size!

If anyone's interested, I wrote a blog post this morning with lots of photos -
http://paradiseindisguisehobbyfarm.blogspot.com/2018/05/the-merry-month-of-may.html

Last edited:
Yes I think so. Now I remember - it was in Ava, NY - when it was a public event. I got iris, strawberries, comfrey (that's huge too ) from a you and someone else. That's the first time I went to a Chickenstock. We'd just moved the previous November & I wanted to add to my garden.
Last year we got a pretty good harvest and it's now double the size!

If anyone's interested, I wrote a blog post this morning with lots of photos -
http://paradiseindisguisehobbyfarm.blogspot.com/2018/05/the-merry-month-of-may.html
Nice blog! You have been busy in the garden I see :)

Nice blog! You have been busy in the garden I see :)
Did anyone take pictures for us who missed out to see ?
I am mad at my potatoes ..I started out with 2 rows ( thinking I was going to cut down ) from 4 rows last year ..then a third row popped up now a 4th row is popping up too 20180529_192642.jpg 20180529_192718.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF6002 (1).JPG
    DSCF6002 (1).JPG
    703.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF6004 (1).JPG
    DSCF6004 (1).JPG
    773.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF6005 (1).JPG
    DSCF6005 (1).JPG
    835.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF6006 (1).JPG
    DSCF6006 (1).JPG
    882.4 KB · Views: 10
I got a few pix but nothing special - I was too busy socializing :)
Better photos than mine that were mostly blurry, because I just used my phone even though I'd brought my other camera.

Tomorrow I'm processing a friend's Cornish and hopefully a few of my extra roosters.

But also have to finish planting the garden.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed out. Still working. Hens hatching chicks here, though I've given away 6 and a rooster. I still have more to go. Planned trip so don't want so many. That and I'm getting to many eggs. Wish there were more pictures.

Sorry I missed out. Still working. Hens hatching chicks here, though I've given away 6 and a rooster. I still have more to go. Planned trip so don't want so many. That and I'm getting to many eggs. Wish there were more pictures.
You asked me about the bulbs ...before ...I grow them in sun ..but I think they would grow any where
I missed out too ...as I was sick
After a month I finally got another broody ....I have been saving eggs in the
frig ...Warmed them up to room Temp about 24 hrs ..Gave her 8 coz I think many of them wont make it ..Shes a new Broody so time will tell how she will do

Hello. I was able to switch my shift so that’s I can come. Here’s what I can bring for birds:
-March hatch Spitzhauben pullets in silver spangled, blue, & splash and a couple cockerels of blue/cream coloration
View attachment 1400433 View attachment 1400437
-a couple spitz yearling hens in blue & citron spangled
-pea eggs from Spalding dark silver pied pen and the purple black shoulder pen. Eggs from these pens are in the incubator now, so I will know by Sat if they’re throwing fertile eggs
View attachment 1400448 View attachment 1400450
-yearling pair of Spalding black shoulder white eye peafowl
View attachment 1400430
Let me know if you are interested.
Pyxis, I’m sorry to read you won’t be there. You will be missed.

Hi there. Well It's been 28 days since I set the Peafowl eggs. only 3/6 were fertile which is about what you had said. All 3 hatched. One is still drying. Are these from your Spalding dark silver pied pen and the purple black shoulder? Trying to figure out colors.
Teresa

Attachments

• pea 1.jpg
    pea 1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 3
  • pea 2.jpg
    pea 2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom