2019 Emu Hatch-A-Long

Pics
just got back from vacation and egg sitter seemed to do a pretty good job. weighed all my eggs and all seem to be within the right average range. now for the big question when does the embryo have a heartbeat. and would it be possible to hear it? i know i'm only 17 days in but being "blind" in this hatch is kiling me. Also about to start my second batch of eggs and i've really got no feed back from the first.

My pediatric nor my cardiologist stethoscope would work when I used to try. I do have an ultrasound machine that I’m going to try out on these, not sure it’ll penetrate the shell but worth a shot. I couldn’t find any research on it online

Hope you'll let us know how the ultrasound machine works (or doesn't :D ).

My eggs are trucking along. The smaller two are wiggling away when whistled to now. The bigger two haven't wiggled at all yet, which makes me nervous. However, I know plenty of people who have said their eggs never wiggled and then hatched, so I won't worry about it too much yet.

'now for the big question when does the embryo have a heartbeat. and would it be possible to hear it?'

Heartbeat? Don't know. But we figured out that the male in the wild starts feeling wiggles about halfway through the hatch.

[The male is hilarious from about five weeks onward. His head slowly sinks back onto his back, then jerks back up: "Me? Asleep? No no -- just resting my eyes!!"]

Back
Top Bottom