2019 Emu Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Day 34 and no movement yet. Having just done the cooldown and letting them breathe, 1 or 2 were cool at both ends by the end, though 1 of these was warm at the "wrong" end so I'm expecting it's no good as well. 1 retained heat pretty well and sounds decent, the other sounds a little more hollow and wasn't as warm - not too noticeable of a temperature difference. The worst part is the not knowing whether they'll hatch as I don't want to prepare and then none hatch while also not wanting to not prepare and then some hatch...Catch 22 anyone?

Day 34 and no movement yet. Having just done the cooldown and letting them breathe, 1 or 2 were cool at both ends by the end, though 1 of these was warm at the "wrong" end so I'm expecting it's no good as well. 1 retained heat pretty well and sounds decent, the other sounds a little more hollow and wasn't as warm - not too noticeable of a temperature difference. The worst part is the not knowing whether they'll hatch as I don't want to prepare and then none hatch while also not wanting to not prepare and then some hatch...Catch 22 anyone?

Do your eggs have any tilt when they lay on their side?

3 seemed warmer at one end today for sure (I may have left them a few minutes more yesterday) and the one that didn't is the one which was "upside down" but is now tilting very little at all - less than yesterday - which has me intrigued. Regardless I'm keeping them all in now unless they go bad. Still no movement today but I remember reading here that today is really the "start" of when I could start seeing movement, so hopefully I get to see some more definite signs of life soon, it's starting to get a bit down-putting at this point, despite it still being early, it's just "that" feeling. I don't know!

3 seemed warmer at one end today for sure (I may have left them a few minutes more yesterday) and the one that didn't is the one which was "upside down" but is now tilting very little at all - less than yesterday - which has me intrigued. Regardless I'm keeping them all in now unless they go bad. Still no movement today but I remember reading here that today is really the "start" of when I could start seeing movement, so hopefully I get to see some more definite signs of life soon, it's starting to get a bit down-putting at this point, despite it still being early, it's just "that" feeling. I don't know!

It’s hard not knowing and waiting so long, but I think that’s why hatching emus is so exciting at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom