2019 Emu Hatch-A-Long

Pics
if i understand correctly you are saying that different eggs need different conditions to hatch. Well, the same temp but different humidity. how does this work in the wild? how can one bird provided different conditions for different eggs? are all your eggs all from the same bird? wondering if eggs from the same female would have a more homogeneous incubator settings? (side question: my book(s) say a wild bird sets on a clutch of between 7 to 9 eggs, but i cant find out what the percent of hatch out is in a natural incubation. any idea?) Going to do weighing, math, and record keeping, as i want to have the best possible results. All my eggs will be from the same female so I will end up answering answering my own question(s). However, if someone has the answer(s) already please share.
bought this 10 dollar digital thermometer/humidity on amazon. seeing how important this data seems to be, i'm thinking i need a more reliable one. any suggestions?
also gonna need a scale. suggestions?

Hello I'm searching for emu eggs for sale right now. I'm wondering if a few emu eggs would fit in a nurture right 360?

I've got two small ones in mine right now. I could fit a few more, too. I wouldn't want to have the chicks hatch in there because there is zero headroom for them, but for incubating it works.

if i understand correctly you are saying that different eggs need different conditions to hatch. Well, the same temp but different humidity. how does this work in the wild? how can one bird provided different conditions for different eggs? are all your eggs all from the same bird? wondering if eggs from the same female would have a more homogeneous incubator settings? (side question: my book(s) say a wild bird sets on a clutch of between 7 to 9 eggs, but i cant find out what the percent of hatch out is in a natural incubation. any idea?) Going to do weighing, math, and record keeping, as i want to have the best possible results. All my eggs will be from the same female so I will end up answering answering my own question(s). However, if someone has the answer(s) already please share.
bought this 10 dollar digital thermometer/humidity on amazon. seeing how important this data seems to be, i'm thinking i need a more reliable one. any suggestions?
also gonna need a scale. suggestions?

My eggs are not all from the same female. Three are, the larger ones, but the other two are smaller, and I would guess are from a hen who's laying for the first time this year. So, in the wild that kind of thing probably wouldn't happen.

Ok I watched a YouTube video about how to make an emu egg incubator out of a cooler I'm going to trie that.
was it a southern guy, with all kinds of chickens and other fowl making a racket in the background? i just finished making similar incubator following that guys instructions. came out pretty good and seems to hold temperature, i used an AC fan instead of DC fan so as to skip the DC inverter also i used a big foam cooler. unfortunately, it wasn't until finishing the project that i thought to ask, in the comments ,if his design ended in a successful hatch. never got a response, which is troubling. maybe ask around if others think it's a good design. other than that it was a simple build.

was it a southern guy, with all kinds of chickens and other fowl making a racket in the background? i just finished making similar incubator following that guys instructions. came out pretty good and seems to hold temperature, i used an AC fan instead of DC fan so as to skip the DC inverter also i used a big foam cooler. unfortunately, it wasn't until finishing the project that i thought to ask, in the comments ,if his design ended in a successful hatch. never got a response, which is troubling. maybe ask around if others think it's a good design. other than that it was a simple build.
@Pyxis made an emubator from an aquarium. It's pretty cool!

@Pyxis made an emubator from an aquarium. It's pretty cool!

My Emubator :)

B37YwdpEvegMIgat3CySzLy-W52i_u20tQUrA4V2X1eLo5sRwYQ-CkA18ZURnb3tBMAdo5IzIWPmfNPWYMMdyE9f8gJOPRe9mPKsZ4TxyDI8Ieli50K8czZflMsMU3MFs-OYlYXfYL0ERbES5YPxV_9JsoRQKAIR55eKi9kYZ_Pc5Nc9aeumXuxVn5ujv0wV4Bgyn5Pif-nEJ5KoHN-1ovRj88H9ILk2ncXG55Mqdta19zTroUpluvqcBy4t_goKw5ihpXsscko0KKCXlr55tcQXJxk_OFrVpvNjL9k4mC_1a7s2w7KG1G3xCe3WuX7b9UNXH0adWr6mAEuuJPQU25NoHHH4vDNcD_6t2vnz35St1XxpgNUpCk-reg5Tk0zzUtFsq0CTx_vI-CtZDn1blQN1lF6jtSVbj-5VdPqJ0GR33oCw_xOyR0HUM08JKLG0TAMQzPlpbPc_3KMSzlmW70RADG3HErRPOxQMveU8PhU-BcuEG21vpUUn0YWtnUWaw32lpdPP5ThfrfiDE89A_8CSvlUqEDQISEsmw301C5sh-5MUMYcvM9kljihrX8s65Mv5rl6K7fBSjPpym_AD8RSvXoVi-9m6dZhO3VXIFfIIJo7_ox5XDj3_T1FZKAaPcFViwTbhACvPrfCLzaKIHr2TC507XJQ=w876-h657-no

Back
Top Bottom